Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2010, 09:04 AM   #1

K7 / KX lens correction feature examples?

For those of you that have used it what is your opinion about the effectiveness of the lens correction feature in the K7 and KX? I'd like to see some examples of how well it works; ideally at the 16mm end of the DA*16-50 and DA21. I rarely have CA problems but barrel distortion on those two particular lenses bug me. I currently use PTLens on my K20d images to correct when needed before printing. I know it only works on JPG in camera and RAW is a manual correction in PDCU4 post processing. But I'd really like to know how effective it is.

Opinions, links and better yet actual on/off examples on strong linear subjects lenswould be very much appreciated.

02-22-2010, 09:52 AM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
With my K-7, I use the 18-250mm for which there are substantional lens distortions. Like yourself, I use PTLens and PDCU 4 sofwares for lens distortion corrections and both are effective.

There were some discussion on the in-camera correction features at DPreview (Pentax dSLR forum). For example:
Re: Tamron 18-250 & K7 - lens correction: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
Re: Lens correction on the K7 and the K-x: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
K-7 Distortion an CA correction Samples (DA 21mm Ltd): Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Hope it will help ... and will be interested to read the thread to learn more.