Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2010, 10:21 AM   #16
Veteran Member

might want to look at this thread -

remote control for pentax kx

in that thread this was recommended -

DealExtreme: $3.94 Universal Digital SLR Remote for Pentax / Nikon / Canon / Konica Minolta

(I believe that's a shipped price)

02-26-2010, 09:09 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by patsyd Quote
If I am correct in reading your instructions, these 3 items will built something allowing me the opportunity to have my K-x automatically shoot this scenario (after pressing the control button on the IR once):
1 frame lasting 10 seconds at intervals of 30 seconds for a total of 45 minutes (or about 85 shots total).
Hi Patsy, glad you like the article. Yes, the timer remote looks identical to the one I have so it should have a 2.5mm plug and fit the 2.5mm socket from RS. But it is not the IR remote that starts it all off, you need to program the Timer Remote. When it is connected to the infrared remote it just closes the circuit for the button and causes an IR pulse each time. For your scenario, set the camera on manual or Tv to 10 seconds. Set the timer for a 1 second exposure and 30 second interval. (No need to set it to 10 seconds, the time for the exposure makes little difference as the IR only sends one pulse each time the circuit is activated and you setting it to 10 seconds on the camera will take care of it). Set the number of shots to 90 (2 shots per minute for 45 minutes). The button on the right under the screen is the one that starts the timer program running (I think, I am at work). As long as the infrared beam is picked up by the sensor on the front of the camera all should be fine and it will do what you want
02-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by erkie Quote
The way I implement Bulb shootin on the K-x is to use the setting in the camera menu that opens the shutter on the first press of the button and closes the shutter on the second press of the button. Hope this helps

Eric
Back in the large format film days, that was referred to as T (Timed) shooting. Even with some medium format cameras. Most large format leaf shutters came with the ability to leave the shutter open for as long as needed. Used both for shooting and focusing on the rear ground glass. Some shutters also have a lever that will just open the shutter blades for focusing. Shooting with it is tricky because there could be too much shaking of the lens when closing it. Even the rear curtain shutters on the Speed Graphics had a T (mode) but to use it the front shutter still has to be held open. To do so, a locking trip cable could be used. I love my digital cameras for what they give me but there is a lot to be said for keeping it simple.