Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2010, 10:24 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My dream for Pentax: Matched (new) film and FF digital bodies

I've been trying to sort out gear in the past couple years, striving against all odds to reduce clutter and maintenance and expense as well as to simplify the process of photography.

One reason I came back to Pentax in 2008, after a hiatus with Canon, was the compatibility of all those old lenses.

Trouble is, as so many people have pointed out, all those old lenses work differently on a cropped-sensor body.

Yes, I know, a full-frame Pentax is not noticeably in the offing. But I can fantasize about full frame, can't I? And I can imagine a new Pentax film body at the same time, matched in look, feel and interface to its digital sister.

See details on my blog, if you're curious.

Hey, a guy gets to dream, right?

02-22-2010, 10:27 PM   #2
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by bkpix Quote
I've been trying to sort out gear in the past couple years, striving against all odds to reduce clutter and maintenance and expense as well as to simplify the process of photography.

One reason I came back to Pentax in 2008, after a hiatus with Canon, was the compatibility of all those old lenses.

Trouble is, as so many people have pointed out, all those old lenses work differently on a cropped-sensor body.

Yes, I know, a full-frame Pentax is not noticeably in the offing. But I can fantasize about full frame, can't I? And I can imagine a new Pentax film body at the same time, matched in look, feel and interface to its digital sister.

See details on my blog, if you're curious.

Hey, a guy gets to dream, right?

YOu know, your dream may not be all that off . . . .