Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2007, 08:58 AM   #1

How do I get the K10D built-in flash to work

Dear Forum Members
I recently purchased a K10D and I have now taken it for its maiden summer vacation. So far ok except something is driving me absolutely nuts. How do I get the built-in flash to work.

Here is what I have tried (following the guidelines on page 71 to 74 of the operating manual. My lenses are FA 35, FA 50 f1.4, DA 50-200, and DA 16-45)

In green mode, I set it to auto, popped it up and tried to shoot. didn't work

In Av mode, I set it to flash on, slow-speed sync all didn't work (even when the flash sign was blinking)

In P mode, I set it on flash on as well as the other flash modes all did not work

All these did not work with the four lenses I have and it didn't matter whether the lighting was good or poor, the flash has simply refused to flash and I am just going nuts

Someone please help me

07-04-2007, 10:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Sadly, since I can't think of a reason for your flash not to work in those situations, it may be time to consider a possibility the flash itself is defective.

stewart
07-04-2007, 02:59 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There were a few models of the K10D that had bad flashes and had to be repaired. Good news is it's a free repair, bad news is it's a few weeks without the camera.
07-04-2007, 08:28 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks stewart_photo and davemdsn,
So sad especially as I did not have an external flash. Anyhow, I will now send it in so they can fix the flash for me.