Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2010, 08:49 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Firmware Updates

How do you know there are new updates for your camera. I only seem to find out surfing this forum and I evidently missed the last version that came out. Is there a better way or do you just keep checking Pentax's website.
Thanks, Susan

02-23-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
How do you know there are new updates for your camera. I only seem to find out surfing this forum and I evidently missed the last version that came out. Is there a better way or do you just keep checking Pentax's website.
Thanks, Susan
I let the forum members do the checking and then just grab the updates. There's always somebody who discovers them as soon as something is different (1.02.001 > 1.02.016 for example).

02-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks Jeff. I'll just have to make a point of checking more often and try not to feel guilty having everyone else do the work for me LOL,
02-23-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't feel guilty at all. In fact, I'm very happy to let someone else try the stuff out first and make sure it at least works. I'm a learn from other's experience kind of guy. For what it's worth, the Pentax Japan site usually has the latest and greatest first. Sure is different from my film days though. When all I had to do to get something new in the camera was to open the film door and load a new roll of film..

02-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #5
Veteran Member

yes, I always like to let the earlier adopters try it out for a day 1st. These firmwares seems a lot more stable than those that get released for my PVR... I don't touch one of those for weeks until the adventurous users give them the all clear!!!