Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #1

Pentax Kx with 18-55 and 55-300 kit?

HI everyone, new to this forum. I am buying my first SLR and considering this kit, versus canon T2i. Heard great things about the camera but have a few questions. I apologize if this has been written about before.

1) will be using this primarily to take pictures of my kids. Does this camera capture children's action,etc well? this is my number one concern.

2) how are these kit lenses that come with the camera?

3)Can we use the Eye-Fi cards with the camera?

4) there was a deal on these a while back for 643 dollars on amazon. that deal is gone, but does anyone know of a similar or better deal currently?

I am not a professional photog by any means, and will be using this purely for personal use. I just want a great camera to take family pictures. currently using my Iphone a lot(convenient!).. Thank you very much.

02-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #2

I bought that same kit for the same exact reason as you. It takes great pictures indoors of my daughter but took some getting used to compared with the P&S cameras I've previously used. On the P&S I would use the "creative modes" (Av Tv M P) a lot because I could see in real-time (in the EVF) how my changes would affect the final picture. With the K-x, I use the automatic "speed mode" (little person running) almost exclusively indoors because it seems to nail the shot every time, striking the right balance between a fast enough shutter to stop the motion without me having to figure out the balance for ISO and aperture. Which, IMO, is what I need right now because most of the time I don't have those extra seconds to configure everything while my daughter is hamming it up