Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Albinar 80-200 lens

Hello everyone,

I am unable to get this lens to mount on my K-7. It's an Albinar-ADG MC Auto Zoom Macro 4.5-5.6 80-200mm lens. the mount type is engraved on the lens mount as P/K-A R.

There is a black flange around ~1/3 of the lens mount that I think is blocking it. Any ideas? Have I found one of the lenses that won't work?

I just got it at a camera shop here in Charlotte, so if it won't work it's no problem to take it back.

Thanks!

02-24-2010, 03:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is one of the those P/K-AR lens with extra flange that needs to be filed down before you can mount on the digital SLR camera. It will work just fine with the old Pentax film cameras. Just google on Vivitar 28mm f2 you will find people modifying the lens mount to make it work.
02-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
If it involves filing down the flange, it isn't that big of a deal. I'll take it back tomorrow.

Thanks for the information!
02-25-2010, 05:45 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I returned the Albinar today and got a Quantaray P-K/A lens today. This time I asked the clerk to mount it onto a k20d they had on display. It worked fine. And just as I suspected, the Albinar wouldn't.

The only problem with the Quantaray on my K-7 is when I have it mounted, it acts like the maximum aperture at all focal lengths is f/5.6, which is incorrect. It is an f/4-5.6 lens. How can I get it to go to f/4? Also, where do I set SR to: 70mm or 200mm or somewhere in-between?

Otherwise, it seems like a great lens. I will love having it when I go to the zoo or take portraits. It's great to have 210mm.

Thanks!