Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2010, 02:38 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
I have shot approx 20 outdoor music festivals including the last 2 years Glastonbury festival & many outdoor music concerts here in England.

Despite the rain etc I have yet to have a problem with my GX20. So I would guess the K7 weather resistant would be good if not better than the GX20

Last edited by cabstar; 02-26-2010 at 03:33 PM.
02-26-2010, 04:07 PM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info! I was finally able to go out and shoot a couple photos with the k-x during a break in the snow.
02-26-2010, 04:19 PM   #18
bfo

Norways best selling newspaper tested the K7 some months ago.
Here's a "google translated" quote:

"The camera that is sealed in all the bow and sides, and can withstand rain, snow and temperatures down to -10 degrees.Which we of course tested. The camera was mounted on Pentax DA 18-55mm zoom WR with rubber gasket that seals the bayonet mount. Then the camera turned on and left out in heavy rain in half an hour. Then it was placed in a -18 degree freezer for 48 hours. It drenched camera froze course of ice and nothing seemed when it was taken out of the freezer 48 hours later. But after five minutes of thawing lit LCD screen up and the camera focused when the trigger was affected. Shutter and mirror needed a few more minutes before the camera worked flawlessly. Since it was taken several hundred pictures with Pentax-one without a single small problem."

I have no restraints taking the camera along regardless of weather, thats the main reason I chose the K7 over Nikon D90 as my first DSLR.
03-04-2010, 08:00 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That looks familiar - Park Slope?

QuoteOriginally posted by kxuser Quote
Thanks for all the info! I was finally able to go out and shoot a couple photos with the k-x during a break in the snow.

03-04-2010, 08:25 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kxuser Quote
Great HDR! is this the kx hdr or a software?
03-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #21
Forum Member

Original Poster
photomatix

Thanks!

That is using auto-bracketing and Photomatix.

And it is in Williamsburg!