Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
K7 and Lens Mount

I took my Teleconverter ( PentaxForums.com Third-Party Lens Review Database - EL 2X )
and removed the lens so I could use it as a Extension Tube for Macros. I mounted it on my K7 and I couldn't get it off.
So I'm thinking that the medal thing that sticks out of the lens isn't connecting in the camera properly since my Sigma 100-300 f4 dosen't work like it suppose to ( It is in the f32 when it's mounted in the A position) I have to turn apature ring back and forth a few time so it will take a photo in the "A" position.
Even when I get it to work in the "A" setting on the lens all the shots are way over exposed, yet the lens works fine on the K100d.
I need my camera the 8th of April for the blues fest in Jacksonville... do you think Pentax will get it back to me in time If I send it in tomorrow?

02-25-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looking at the TC in the review datbase, it looks like it has the Ricoh pin. Did you check if it had this pin and remove it? Otherwise, there are the typical fixes for getting it off. (but please don't take a hacksaw to it) What happens is the pin gets caught up in the camera body screwdrive cavity. Try applying some extra force while moving the camera AF/MF switch back and forth with hopes that the driver will push the pin out of the hole or slide a feeler gage in the area to try to get the pin pushed back into the TC mount.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure looks like there's a Ricoh pin in the database photo comparing it to my Sears KA(r) that I took the pin out of.
02-25-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
No pin that I can see It worked fine on my other cameras, K100d, K20d. I still think its the dam camera. I guess I have to ship it in for repair. I got it off by turning a little hard.
Thanks Though
Jack