Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #31

I just updated the firmware on my *istDL2 and my battery problem instantly went away. It will now run without complaint on any type of AA's that I put in it.

03-20-2011, 11:45 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If I recall correctly, when I upgraded the firmware on my *ist DS I gained continuous autofocus (AF-C) which I only found out about by chance. AF-C on the DS wasn't all that good, but provided a bit of fun. Whether it would do the same for the DL is unknown to me. So when you upgrade, have a look through the menus (or perhaps read through the readme.txt file) and check if there are any new features.

When you buy new glass, plan what you ultimately want and buy the best you can, one by one. That way when you retire the DL you will have some worthy stuff to hang on the front of your new body. (Check the lens reviews in this Forum to gauge lens value).
03-21-2011, 07:18 PM   #33

Mine had AF-C with the original firmware version, but I found it of limited utility. Thanks for the tips

Kerry
01-02-2020, 03:43 PM - 1 Like   #34

I got a Samsung GX-1L at Goodwill the otherday for 5 bucks. Same as the *istDL2. It would not power up when you put batteries in. The battery indicator would just flash empty. As others had observed. The easy workaround I used after a few hours of frustration was quite simple. Get an A/C adapter and plug into the dc power supply 6.5V I used a panasonic cordless phone adapter @ 5v and it did the trick.. Camera will come on then and let you update the firmware to the latest version. After this point no more troubles with any battery type.

Old ass thread I know. Just thought I would let any future problem solvers know. Surprisingly even though outdated tech. I had fun ressurecting the DSLR.

Stingerray