Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2010, 05:20 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Good to know.. I knew it took 6 AA batteries (and the Kx takes 4), I can read instructions and can count. What I was looking for is partly answered in the rest of your post, durability. Also, is it as Finicky with different types of batteries. I'd never expect and would be surprised to get 100 shots out of the drug store duracells.

Durability is fine.
I found NiMh batteries somewhat unreliable in their capacity though.
They recover themselves somewhat given a rest, while LiIon hardly show that effect.
With LF or Video recording they can go low, while after waiting 5 mins you can still take 50 pictures w.o. LF.

On durability some more.
We travel through africa now and then. On those trips I'll take 12 x 2500mAh NiMh AA's (6 in the tray, 6 in the bag) + 2 small chargers (for 12v/123v) for 2/4 batteries.
(I have not found a small travel charger that can handle 6 in one go)
Charging is not something you can do every day out in the field, sometimes only solar based.
My camera is set to select the grip batteries first. The in camera battery never gets used.
And I take a lot of pictures....

Does that answer your question?

02-28-2010, 05:44 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bymy141 Quote
Durability is fine. ..

Does that answer your question?
Yes it does. Thank you..

02-28-2010, 05:50 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If you use AA's i recomend energizer lithuim's, i use them in my k200d and get over 600 shots out of them
02-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #19

As mentioned before, the grip has the tripod mount off the optical axis. The same is true for BG2 and BG4. That's my only annoyance with it.

The grip is so convenient, and handling of the camera is so much more stable with it, that I don't want to take it off anymore, except for tripod shots; that limits the compactness, counterintuitively.