Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2010, 04:57 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Long exposure camera noise

I have Shake reduction turned off when i'm taken long exposures on a tripod, but, During the shot while mirror is exposed, if i get my ear close to the camera, i can still hear some noise coming from the camera. Since shake reduction is turned off, i'm wondering what this is noise is all about.

02-26-2010, 09:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not sure about it but the following sounds like a sensible explanation.

I think it is the SR mechanism. The sensor is free floating and still needs to be held in place; else it would go down to the bottom due to gravity. That might be the sound that you hear.
02-27-2010, 05:55 AM   #3
Pentaxian

You are correct, the SR voice coil motors holds the sensor in position even if SR isn't used.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, noise, photography, reduction