Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2010, 05:42 AM   #31

Original Poster
Got my new K-x yesterday and wow what a camera, I can't see any noise at iso 100 and its sharp, sharp, sharp (with Tamron 17-50mm). My old Canon 450D had far more noise at low iso's and my E-P1 just doesn't compare when it comes down to pure image quality. I have found that turning SR off gives me far sharper images in good light, I will only use SR in dark situations which I suppose what its designed for. Well I'm happy now and very impressed so now I can stop moaning and just concentrate on shooting.

Interstingly the FocusCorr was set to -20 [um] when I checked the AF TEST in debug mode which I left alone.

Looking forward to building my Pentax kit and on the look out for a macro lens.

Thanks for everyones advice and comments.

03-11-2010, 07:26 AM   #32

Photos: Albums
Ok, so I did a quick test. I took a few shots vertical and a few shots horizontal first with SR on and then with SR off at 1/100s. ISO 200, f5.6, focal length 20mm on all shots using the kit lens.

4/3 of the vertical SR-enabled images had the double-image effect, whilst only 1 of 5 of the vertical non-SR pics were a little blurry (but not a clear double-image). Interestingly enough, in the horizontal position the SR did not seem to be an issue as I got the same results with SR or and off.

I can't return my K-x for various reasons, so I'm hoping Pentax will add an option in the menu to turn SR off for shutter speeds in that region automatically. It's a real hassle to have to remember to do it every time.

Last edited by kari; 03-11-2010 at 07:52 AM. Reason: rechecked for accuracy
03-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by kari Quote
4/3 of the vertical SR-enabled images had the double-image effect, whilst only 1 of 5 of the vertical non-SR pics were a little blurry (but not a clear double-image).
More interesting is that I've heard some people said, when you take shots vertical and the grip is below the lens, then the blurry situation happens fewer than when the grip is over th lens.

Maybe you could try.
03-12-2010, 06:13 PM   #34

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ferraribmwbenz Quote
More interesting is that I've heard some people said, when you take shots vertical and the grip is below the lens, then the blurry situation happens fewer than when the grip is over th lens.

Maybe you could try.
Interesting, I always shoot vertical with the grip on top... I'll switch it around a bit and see what happens, thanks for the tip.