Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #1

K10D LCD display very dark

Hi Dear Pentax Forum Members,

I am(was) happy owner of pentax k10d camera. But recently some problmes encountered me. LCD display gone dark, I had to increase brightness to maximum level to see anything on it.
Due to my guarantee was still valid I sent the body to Pentax authorized service in Poland. They told me that reason of this problem is micro mainboard damage and it was related to some mechnical shock which I did and guarantee does not cover it.
So if I liked to have repaired I would need to pay ca 600$ for mainboard and repair - which is the price of new/used k10
I read few forums and found that it could be repaired (but it was realted with GX10 or istDS) by changing some lamps or wires or other electronical devices which are not so expensive.
Have you ever met with this problem, and do you think they are right in Pentax service?
Any help will be appreciated.
Cheers,
Bartolo

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, display, dslr, guarantee, k10d, k10d lcd display, lcd, mainboard, pentax, photography, service