Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2010, 02:34 PM   #31
Inactive Account

Thinking of switching down the road

I've considered switching to Canon in the long term. I have a K200D that I LOVE, honestly, it's been great and I don't think I'm even done growing into it. But still, once I have what comes next? I wish Pentax would introduce some higher end models to which I can aspire. They seem determined to split the difference with models that come somewhere between, say a Nikon D90 and D300, or between D300 and D700. But they never reach upward into the realm of a D3 or the high-end Canons.

Because of this I can see myself down the road needed/wanting to switch just to experience those high-end capabilities. I want the high ISO performance. I want the high fps. I WANT FULL FRAME.

That, I would say, is Job #1 for Pentax. Get into some serious pro models. Now.

-ep

03-03-2010, 03:06 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rustynail925 Quote
What do you think Pentax should improve or offer to strengthen the brand?
Predictive AF tracking, low EV AF, P-TTL & SDM.
03-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Reason to switch-
I can get a Nikon, Canon or Sigma 70-200/2.8 with faster focussing (SWM, HSM etc.)
I can get a compatible TC for the above
Apparently better tracking AF for sport
Able to handle things in shops without ordering first
More choice

Reason not to switch-
Size and weight of K-7
Weather-sealing
SR
Not following the crowd.
money involved in switching.

I'll probably give Pentax a few more years, then would not be surprised if I switch.
03-03-2010, 08:22 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
I'll probably give Pentax a few more years, then would not be surprised if I switch.
I would hope by the time a few more years has pasted, that Pentax will have addressed most of your current reasons for wanting to switch. Maybe not the shops and more choice, but all the technical reasons.

Thank you
Russell

03-04-2010, 01:22 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here's hoping.