Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2010, 11:44 AM   #16
Damn Brit

That's a bummer.
It's quite disconcerting the number of cameras that come back from being repaired, needing to be repaired.

03-06-2010, 11:46 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
jasvox, I posted this thread because the camera had been in the shop, and had been repaired and the camera's SD card hardware had been replaced. What does "If you suspect it needs to be adjusted, just contact Pentax..." mean in this context?
Brian
03-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Brit, yeah and now they're saying that they've been receiving bad replacement components from Pentax lately. Can't say it it's true or not, but it makes sense that there are only so many mechanical things a repair shop can do, and other than that it's mostly pulling the old electronics bits/PCBs etc and sticking in new ones. So, if they are using Pentax authorized parts, and the parts are coming in with manufacturer problems (sort of like the SDM issue?) let's hope this is an isolated incident and not indicative of a trend by Hoya bottom-line boys who are driving cost containment through lowest-bidder suppliers. If so, we're all in the same foundering boat,
Brian
03-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by FHPhotographer Quote
Well, it just gets better and better. The j$&%#&^((*&)(*(_(_)*&*)&(_*) thing is back in the shop because...

Brian
That looks like my K10 pictures when one of the batteries went bad.

03-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
kansas, I thought about that, so I switched out a fully charged battery and got the same results. I suppose it's possible the charger is going bad, anybody know how to check that easily?
Brian