Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #1

K-7: loose memory door? Normal or defective?

Hi guys,

I have been using my K-7 since Jan, and so far no big issue with this great camera. However, since last couple weeks, I noticed the memory door is a bit loose like when I softly touch its surface, I can feel like "clicking" and it wiggles a bit.

I just wonder that is this syndrome normal or not? I don't have any K-7 friend here to compare, so I really need your guys opinion.

Thank you so much

03-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AirSupply Quote
Hi guys,

I have been using my K-7 since Jan, and so far no big issue with this great camera. However, since last couple weeks, I noticed the memory door is a bit loose like when I softly touch its surface, I can feel like "clicking" and it wiggles a bit.

I just wonder that is this syndrome normal or not? I don't have any K-7 friend here to compare, so I really need your guys opinion.

Thank you so much
My K-7 has a fairly tight memory door and definitely no loose feel when I touch its surface.

No, this is not normal and it may void the WR (weather resistance) of the camera. If water can seep throguh the memory door, it woudl cause some massive damage to the card, the card slot and the camera itself. I would recommend to send back for repair under warranty.
03-05-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Get it fixed, it isn't normal and since the camera won't work with the door open, if it is loose enough, it could potentially shut down the camera.
03-05-2010, 11:11 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Dust happens. It can't be avoided.
Learn how to clean your sensor.