Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2007, 07:25 AM   #16

I read an article not to long ago that is related to your problem. The number of images that fit onto card is calculated based on the average image size. As each image is captured they actually take up a different amount of space on the card, and if you are switching between JPEG and RAW then space on the card gets used up at a greater rate, even if the camera says you have a lot of space left. The author of the article had a simple suggestion, never shoot a card full to avoid corrupting the card.

Of course right after I mentioned this to a good friend who does wedding photography, he experienced exactly what you did. The good news is that the image recovery software does work and is worth buying.

Good luck

07-14-2007, 04:15 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The card was never near any magnetic surfaces so thats not an issue.

The trip is going good but it sounds like I am missing the heat wave at home with temps alot higher than here.

Thanks guys for the help I will try to do the recovery when I get home.
07-14-2007, 05:56 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Hope your able to recover those images. I personally am using a Kingston ultimate 120x 2g card. It's been tested as fast as both sandisk and lexar pro cards and is reasonably priced. No matter which brand, I'd suggest getting 2 2g cards instead of one 4g.
07-16-2007, 10:27 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rolly Quote
Incidentally it's up in Australia: The great majority of maps have it all wrong.

Here's an exception:-
Once when in a hotel in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada they were hosting a convention of Australians. They had maps like that posted in the lobby and I roared in laughter. Most likely, "North is up" was just a old European map maker's viewpoint.

07-16-2007, 07:29 PM   #20

You might try this software:

PhotoRec - CGSecurity

Use it at your own risk though, I have no prior experience with the software.

Remember, you should not use the memory card to record anything new or you might lose your files...

Orhan