Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #1

Pentax K-x Price Raised??

Hi All,

I am a new User moving from P.S to DSLR. I did quite a good research in choosing my entry level SLR and zeroed in pentax k-x.

When I was about to order, I noticed that the pentax k-x prices have increased from the past 1 week. They have moved from $643 ( with extra kit lens 55-300 mm) to $ 710 in amazon. This is the same case with almost all online dealers.

Do any one know the reason behind this?. Will the prices come down any further? or do you think the prices or still gonna raise?. Should I rush in for this deal or could I wait?.

Please Advice.
-Srini

03-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #2

Don't know for sure, but watching the price in Amazon, I have seen the Kx vary greatly in price. Wait a few days and the price is likely to change(up and down) again in my experience. I ended up getting my Kx off ebay from Prodigital2000 with at the time a 15% cashback through Bing.
03-08-2010, 01:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I recommend you to check the price on the Adorama, which is much lower than Amazon, though some products on Amazon is provided by Adorama.
03-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Pentax prices seem to be on the rise, at least as far as lenses are concerned. They used to be cheap.

Last edited by Smolk; 03-08-2010 at 02:21 PM. Reason: typo
03-08-2010, 02:29 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gregor Quote
Don't know for sure, but watching the price in Amazon, I have seen the Kx vary greatly in price. Wait a few days and the price is likely to change(up and down) again in my experience. I ended up getting my Kx off ebay from Prodigital2000 with at the time a 15% cashback through Bing.
HI,

For How much did you Buy from Ebay?. Do you get cashbacks from Bing for purchasing in ebay too?.

-Srini
03-08-2010, 03:27 PM   #6

Photos: Albums
I purchased mine two weeks ago at BandH for $470 (White with 18-55 kit).

I know prices have since went up. It was a great deal, and I was completely debating the black 55-300 2 lens kit from Amazon ($644), but decided to go cheaper, just in case I didn't like the whole DSLR 'thing'.

I used this site to track K-x news and prices:
1001 Noisy Cameras: pentax kx
03-10-2010, 09:55 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As millions of Americans are getting their tax refund checks, expect the the prices to rise a little. This is a common seasonal occurence. You always find the best prices on most items between mid January and the beginning of March.
03-10-2010, 11:33 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
As millions of Americans are getting their tax refund checks, expect the the prices to rise a little. This is a common seasonal occurence. You always find the best prices on most items between mid January and the beginning of March.
Hi,

Based on your experience, any chance of these prices coming back??.
I am in a lot of Dilemma, Should I wait for the price drop or should I barge on the available deal?.

I am buying my First SLR and hence the anxiousness

Thanks
Srini

03-11-2010, 02:14 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by srini Quote
HI,

For How much did you Buy from Ebay?. Do you get cashbacks from Bing for purchasing in ebay too?.

-Srini
Go through Bing to get to ebay and purchase with Buy it Now and you get the cash back. Its usually only 8% but every now and then they bump it up. I bought the 18-55 kx kit for about $570 back in December and got about $50 or $60 cash back.