Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
Forum Member

K-X made chattering, vibrating noise then froze up

I was trying out the HDR function and took a few shots looking at the results then when I went to switch back to normal mode the K-X started making a vibrating, chattering noise and it wouldn't stop. It was a constant rhythmic noise like the sensor was banging around inside the body vibrating in my hand and fairly loud.

The camera was frozen up, no settings worked and would not even shut off with the switch. I had to remove the batteries and restart. Now everything seems fine again but I would like to know what happened? Someone mentioned that my Eneloop's were low, have any ideas?

Last edited by Olypentax; 03-09-2010 at 09:21 PM.
03-09-2010, 09:23 PM   #2
Inactive Account

I had the same issue a week ago. I think I was using the HDR function with timer, and or might have been using live view and it happened just as the mirrored moved. My eneloops were on the low side now and then.

Just a loud clunk over and over that you could feel vibrate through the camera. I removed the lens, the mirror was up, and I saw what looked like a closed shutter, so no visible moving parts. On and off made no difference, eventually had to pull the batteries out, then it was fine.

I used my iPhone to record the camera doing this, if I have time when I get home I'll post it.
03-09-2010, 09:35 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for you reply and your experience sounds exactly like mine. I don't need to see your video but good you have it for proof. Maybe someone else has had this issue and has an answer. I did charge up the batteries but I don't think I will try in-camera HDR again until I know what happened.

I did some HDR using AEB +-3 and blended with Lightroom Enfuse that worked great.

Last edited by Olypentax; 03-09-2010 at 09:41 PM.
03-11-2010, 11:43 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Just 2 of us that ever had this issue? Must be user error.