Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2010, 12:25 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pbo Quote
Kind of like how K-7 used to be before the first firmware update: you have to press ok first, then use dpad to change AF point. I don't think there's an option of just using dpad since directional buttons are assigned to what has been in the Fn menu (i.e. flash, WB, ISO, and drive)
Okay... But how do you know WHICH one you're selecting... Like if I want the top right one, do I just press to the right a bunch of times, then press left, up? (Assuming it has the same AF point layout as the K10D.) Or is there some kind of visual feedback telling me which point I'm selecting?

All this, though, and all you guys have done is make me want a K-x in ADDITION to my K10D! You suck!

03-10-2010, 12:47 PM   #17
Igilligan

You see what you are selecting on the LCD... you select the AF point you want .

If I go off center focus, I tend to use the far right/center for portrait AF...
04-07-2010, 10:43 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
go for it. i am using kx right now, it is excellent.
04-21-2010, 07:43 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I am in a similar boat to the original poster. I have a K10D with the 16-45 that I am trying out. I have primarily shot with a Canon DSLR the last many years - in addition to Pentax 645Ns with a bunch of lenses (that I also use on the K10D with the 645-K adapter).

I am also thinking that getting a K-x to go along with the K10D is the route to take. I am still on the fence though, because I do move the AF focus point around quite a bit, especially when photographing people - which coincidentally is when I need better high ISO performance.

But, with the prices being so low for a Pentax K-x body, it is hard to stay away from this camera... decisions.

04-21-2010, 07:58 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by yurihuta Quote
But, with the prices being so low for a Pentax K-x body, it is hard to stay away from this camera... decisions.
It's a very tempting camera, and I'm aware that it's a better camera than my K10D in many ways, but I use the second dial and AF point selection all the time, so I would kind of be missing the most important parts of the camera's "user interface" (most important after the viewfinder, the shutter button and the first dial, of course ).
04-21-2010, 08:06 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Now a modular Pentax DSLR system would really be amazing. Imagine swapping out your sensor compartment for another and keeping the AF selector that you prefer...