Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2010, 02:13 AM   #1
Veteran Member

in camera sharpening? custom image?

I am finding my km set on the default in raw is very contrasty, saturated etc. I am also having issues with sharpening.........

With film I bought usually a fuji ( cant remember the name it was that long ago! portra? ) that was a soft, sort of washed out effect........very popular with weddings and that sort of stuff.........or for what ever tonal look I wanted I could get the appropriate film.

So in trying to reduce the sharp contrasty harsh look I fiddled with the custom settings trying to get a nice balance, but I am unsure of the sharpening bit. I have pushed the sharpening back to nothing and will try a few shots on the weekend but wanted to know what other people were using?

Is there some sort of comparison of film and digital settings? Or a matter of experimenting?

cheers
Jan

03-10-2010, 08:18 AM   #2

I believe it's a matter of experimenting for personal taste. Alot of K-x users like the look (myself included) when bumping up sharpening 1 notch and contrast up 1 notch.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo