Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #1

K200D monitor alters after 2 seconds when viewing

Can anyone shed some ideas on this. When viewing on my K200D monitor the picture comes up looking OK then display changes to show small bright areas after approx 2 seconds, like lots of small pixels in the brighter areas.
The option to show bright/dark areas is switched off in the menu so it's not that.
Does anyone else get this and is there any fix?

03-11-2010, 07:13 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The image is loading an unsharp version up and then the correct version up a second or two later - my K20D does that - image definitely looks better after the short wait.
Do you have onboard sharpening turned up so the refresh load is oversharp?
03-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply

Thanks for the reply which appears to answer my query.
I don't have the sharpness turned up so I think the issue is as you describe where the camera loads the image and then sharpens up to the final version a second or two later.
Now I know what it is, I can live with it.