Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #1

K20d Hot Pixel on v1.03

Hey everyone.

I recently bought the K20d used (but in great condition). I've been getting a lot of great shots with it, but I've noticed a few hot pixels on my darker pictures. I read that this is a software problem that was corrected, but my camera is on the most recent software version so I don't beleive that's the case.

Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions on fixing this problem? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

03-10-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Well, someone's got to ask the obvious question, and it might as well be me:

Did you try the pixel mapping function in the setup menu (described in the manual at page 235)? That's exactly what it is for. Some quantity of "hot" or "dead" pixels is unfortunately inevitable, regardless of firmware version. They show up from time to time, and you can map them out using this camera function.

Enjoy your new camera!
03-10-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
Damn Brit

Hot pixels are a fact of life and are on the sensor. It has nothing to do with what version of Firmware you have.
Pixel mapping may get rid of them but others will appear. If you shoot RAW, most software will get rid of the hot pixels for you. If you shoot JPEG, you will have to be vigilant and check for them.
03-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #4

My K100d has a crapload of them even at fast shutter speeds when the ISO is raised. I use a program called pixel fixer that will take a whole folder of my raw files and get rid of the hot pixels from each picture.