Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2010, 03:21 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
I think he started it to get his post count up so he can get closer to winning the KX.
No, this thread is pretty old. I started it in mid march, when I was thinking about getting another K100D.

04-09-2010, 04:29 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Obviously you are still with Pentax then. I do start to wonder about the purpose behind these threads. I mean a Rebel? They are so crap.
04-10-2010, 12:30 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Obviously you are still with Pentax then. I do start to wonder about the purpose behind these threads. I mean a Rebel? They are so crap.
Sturgeon's Law: 95% of everything is crap.

Pentax's Law: We're the other 5%.

Sturgeon's Creed: In the winter I'm a Buddhist, in the summer I'm a Nudist.

Pentax's Creed: At least we're not Canikonympus.
04-10-2010, 12:55 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Now now, be nice to the Rebels, it's not their fault they feel cheap. No but seriously, I loved Pentax cameras when I had them, and I am hoping to get another one soon. I just stuck with the Rebel series because it was easier for me.

04-10-2010, 05:31 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Sturgeon's Law: 95% of everything is crap.

Pentax's Law: We're the other 5%
Nice update of a classic saying! I love Sturgeon, but am not fond of caviar.
04-10-2010, 06:08 AM   #36

wich lens have you for your Canon cameras? Pentax manual 50 mm f1.4 I think is too old and you can get a Tamron 18-200 for no more than 200-250$.
I think with two Canon cameras it has no sense buy a Pentax camera because you pay the body plus the lens, but if you want buy Pentax get a K-x, it is really cheap and goog camera.
04-11-2010, 02:41 AM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Nice update of a classic saying! I love Sturgeon, but am not fond of caviar.
Caviar comes from virgin sturgeon
Virgin sturgeon's a very nice fish
Virgin sturgeons need no urgin'
That's why caviar is my dish
Well, I just had to.
Like a sturgeon
Spawning for the very first time
Like a stur-ur-ur-ur-geon
With your gills
Distending next to mine...
Shoot me now.
04-11-2010, 02:35 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Can people please stop bumping this up to the top?

You're giving me a complex. :P

04-11-2010, 04:47 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
Now now, be nice to the Rebels, it's not their fault they feel cheap. No but seriously, I loved Pentax cameras when I had them, and I am hoping to get another one soon. I just stuck with the Rebel series because it was easier for me.
The rebel is actually easy as I also stated that is why I treat it as a P&S.
There are others out there who would defend it so much as to even call other people with other opinion names..
I myself stand by what I said as with the Pentax system, I can be more creative.
Bumped to the top again and I think he is still using a Canon.
04-12-2010, 04:18 AM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter

Maybe Gary can fix things where he gets one of the kx's.
04-12-2010, 11:47 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Can people please stop bumping this up to the top?

You're giving me a complex.
I get the impression you already have complexes like a dog has fleas and that the only reason you hang around here is because people indulge you in them.
04-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #42
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I start these threads all the time, and usually buy the camera, decide I don't like it, sell it, and then buy another one. Except that this time, I actually have 2 cameras that I like, two different Canon Rebels. I still want a Pentax though because of the lenses and SR mostly, Canon's equivalent of both is not exactly cheap. If I got Pentax I could get an awesome 1.4 manual prime for $50 and the 18-200 kit range with great quality for $150 total, all of which costs just a little more than one of my Canon lenses and gives double the range and quality. I don't know what to do though.
The first thing you need to realize that no one camera is going to make you a better photographer over night. Buy a camera, whether it be a Pentax or a Canon or a Nikon or a Brownie and shoot with it. And don't give up on it just because something "better" comes along or wiggles it's features at you.
04-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
The first thing you need to realize that no one camera is going to make you a better photographer over night. Buy a camera, whether it be a Pentax or a Canon or a Nikon or a Brownie and shoot with it. And don't give up on it just because something "better" comes along or wiggles it's features at you.
I'm going to sell my Pentax and get one of those nice Canon cameras that can focus on five things at once, like his.
04-12-2010, 01:43 PM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
I'm going to sell my Pentax and get one of those nice Canon cameras that can focus on five things at once, like his.
I have a prism-effects filter that turns one thing into five images. It cost a lot less than a Cannon. But don't shoot a GF from behind; it makes her butt look big.

Oh yeah, if the Cannon focuses on five things and they're all on the GF's butt, is the relationship in trouble? Or should purchases of guacamole and chips be limited?

Which reminds me: I love Antigua Guatemala, the old cultural capital of Central America. The most popular condiment (sometimes a staple) is guacamole. A resident of La Antigua is proud to call themself a Panza Verde. Panza Verde means Green Belly. That comes from eating all the guacamole. Preferably washed down with Cerveza Moza, local dark beer. Ummmm...

Safety warning: Don't stand under a tree with a Cannon and try to focus on five avocados at once. While you're waiting for the fifth light to spark, a sixth avocado will fall on your head. Since they weigh about 500g each, this can be serious.
04-12-2010, 02:08 PM   #45
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Please stop helping me! I know what I want, this thread is old!

Gah, this is turning into another "40D won't hit 6.5 fps burst rate"!

Oh wait, wrong forum.
Closed Thread