Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2010, 09:08 AM   #46
Inactive Account

Why not use the money you would of spent on the Pentax lenses [$300 or something i saw] and take a weekend break out somewhere to do some photography with your existing equipment

Having good quality gear is nice, but when you have good, interesting photos - all the little matters such as perfect exposure, depth of field etc go out the window

Personally - some of my favorite photos i've taken are awful in terms of photographic quality, but the end result is something I could happily have on canvas in my house

04-13-2010, 10:38 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
While the thread is at the top i just thought I'd say, incredible efficiency Cody!

Over 300 posts in just a few short days is pretty crazy. Now whether they were quality or not is a different story (If anyone has been here as long as I have or longer you'll know the answer to that).....nonetheless you managed to spam pentaxforums which is no easy feat!

If I did what you have done in three days from the beginning when I joined the forum I'd have over 30,000 posts I reckon!

Welcome back!
04-13-2010, 12:15 PM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
I don't think I'll be going back to Pentax anymore.
Well, it's important for everyone to make their own decision.

I'm different then you, by the sounds of it.

I started with Pentax SLR's back in 1968 (bought a new S1a) and I'm still involved in the system.

Sure there were times...twice...when I thought seriously about going to another system.

Once, in 1974....I almost bought a new (in the box) Nikon F Photomic. Nice camera, but I liked the Pentax ES 11 better...clearer viewfinder, had electronic exposure control...liked the ergonomics better.

Bought the ES 11.

Got a K1000 (my wife's actually) in the '80's.

Came close to buying a Pentax LX (new) in the '80's, but instead bought a Mamiya Pro 220 F TLR medium format system.

Got my K10D in '07, my KM in '09. I almost got a Canon 30D or Nikon D200 rather then the K10D, but was impressed with the K10D and have been very happy with it.

But I've been happy with the Pentax system. I have all Pentax lenses about 5-6 digital lenses since '07.

I use it on a daily basis (retired) and I find you can teach an old dog new tricks.

I work with the Pentax system and i find BIF, etc...aren't as hard as many say...I use 800 ISO...spot AF, continuous AF...it works well, not perfect every time, but a good % of keepers...like any other system.

I do vintage cars and I'm very picky...my buddies with their Canons and Nikons...are good..but not any better then me and my Pentaxes.

Changing back and forth from system to system is spinning your wheels.

You need to work with whatever system you choose, learn to use it to your maximum.

I find my Pentax system still has more potential then I'm showing right now.
04-13-2010, 01:10 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yeatzee Quote
While the thread is at the top i just thought I'd say, incredible efficiency Cody!

Over 300 posts in just a few short days is pretty crazy. Now whether they were quality or not is a different story (If anyone has been here as long as I have or longer you'll know the answer to that).....nonetheless you managed to spam pentaxforums which is no easy feat!

If I did what you have done in three days from the beginning when I joined the forum I'd have over 30,000 posts I reckon!

Welcome back!
If it makes you feel better, I got a hundred posts in a single day once when the contest wasn't going on either. And I wouldn't consider my posts to be spam, but I guess to each their own right?

And really people, please stop bumping this up, it's an old thread that doesn't even have any use, and I really don't need any more advice on it. Thank you.

04-13-2010, 01:13 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If it makes you feel better, I got a hundred posts in a single day once when the contest wasn't going on either. And I wouldn't consider my posts to be spam, but I guess to each their own right?

And really people, please stop bumping this up, it's an old thread that doesn't even have any use, and I really don't need any more advice on it. Thank you.
Doh!!

I just wanted to say -

"Should I go back to Pentax?"

Most certainly yes, I did and I don't regret it for a moment.
04-13-2010, 01:27 PM   #51
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by yeatzee Quote

Welcome back!
I will say Cody has posted some good images from the *istDS! I'm sure there is plenty of Spam to go around.

J/K Cody, you mentioned the thread that wouldn't die in another post . . .
04-13-2010, 07:20 PM   #52
Pentaxian

First time I saw this thread was today, hence the post. To be honest I couldn't figure out why you posted this thread given your logo about Canikon.

Given your response I'm sorry I wasted my time....

04-13-2010, 09:00 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
First time I saw this thread was today, hence the post. To be honest I couldn't figure out why you posted this thread given your logo about Canikon.

Given your response I'm sorry I wasted my time....
Oh no, I'm sorry I was just reading all of the responses on this page in general, I've had to ask to stop getting help about four different times now. Your help was very nice, thank you.
04-14-2010, 03:25 AM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh no, I'm sorry I was just reading all of the responses on this page in general, I've had to ask to stop getting help about four different times now. Your help was very nice, thank you.
Is it that you don't need help, or that you need more help than what the great folks around here can offer?
04-14-2010, 05:32 AM   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Is it that you don't need help, or that you need more help than what the great folks around here can offer?
Perhaps I can help in a different way. If you take this thread off your subscription list, you will not be bothered by it any more. Subscriptions can be managed by selecting each thread with the check box to the right of the row, and then using the pop-up menu at the very bottom of the page to choose an action.
04-14-2010, 05:52 AM   #56
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Or you could just request for it to be closed, maybe. You must be in good standing with the admin here if he made you a moderator over at canikonforums.
04-14-2010, 06:03 AM   #57
Site Supporter

well it all depends...

I have travelled from Australia to the Burningman festival in Nevada 3 times ...each time I have trashed my camera gear both digital & video either on site or 2 months later it has no screen , viewfinder whatever... This adds to the considerable expense of my journey. Last year I took my new Pentax k20D & 2 lenses, SMC Pentax-DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL [IF], SMC Pentax-DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED [IF]..(Not cheap . There are a few things to consider...The camera still works !!! the lenses are great. Having Image stabilisation built into the camera body saves on lens cost & weight also. I chose this over the much more expensive canon 5D for price & Pentax's reputation. The Dust sealing system of both the camera & these lenses is unbelievable...the dust in the Black Rock Desert where the event is held is extremely fine & electronically active ( Gypsum ) I had some travelling friends that bought cameras duty free for the trip and most were useles after 5 days @ most. one friend had a k10D that survived well and 2 other waterproof cameras, but the image quality was comparatively poor. I have a HD video with a marine housing which now can survive this environment. the K& has HD Vid as well & probably would be the best choice for an all in one option. It's always said you only get what you pay for but pentax is really (in these cameras ) unbelievable value for money. Check your budget and your requirements but I couldn't be happier with my camera. kindest Regards,
paulie.
04-14-2010, 10:01 AM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Keep in mind the ongoing contest that rewards numerous short posts of questionable substance.
"People are responsible for their opinions,
but Providence is responsible for their morals."
--WB Yeats
04-15-2010, 12:42 AM   #59
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This thread almost has a life of it's own now.

You know those famous threads where the person who started them is constantly embarassed every time they see it bumped, and everyone else just loves it and turns it into some kind of general chat about so many different topics?

Yeah, this is that.

Unless it gets locked.

Please?
04-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
I think he started it to get his post count up so he can get closer to winning the KX.
Having said "I don't think I'll go back to Pentax" it seems obvious that he wants to come back via a free Kx
Closed Thread