Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2010, 04:06 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Having said "I don't think I'll go back to Pentax" it seems obvious that he wants to come back via a free Kx
Wouldn't you want to come back for a free anything?

04-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
Wouldn't you want to come back for a free anything?
If I parse that correctly, then the answer would be "no". Say a Canon forum somewhere had some mad contest where I had to devote hours of each day to posting things about a camera system I barely cared about. Would I do all that for a freebie? No, because I need something more than free wares to motivate me.
04-16-2010, 07:32 AM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
If I parse that correctly, then the answer would be "no". Say a Canon forum somewhere had some mad contest where I had to devote hours of each day to posting things about a camera system I barely cared about. Would I do all that for a freebie? No, because I need something more than free wares to motivate me.
So let's forget motivation. Pentax and Canon and Nikon and Sony and Olympus and Fuji and Samsung and others all make fine cameras, and some not-so-fine cameras. These forums are primarily for discussing Pentax cameras and the lenses that fit on them, and accessories and processing, and problems and pleasures encountered with same. Some people have equipment from various makers, simultaneously or serially or in some combination thereof. Discussing what we think is better or worse, and why, is what these forums are about.

Fretting over switching systems IMHO gets tedious when expressed publicly. Gosh, I can't do IR well on my K20D! Should I get it modded, or buy a modded K-whatever, or get a Fuji or Sigma forensic cam, or carry a bright IR light system around with me, huh? C'mon guys, help me! Well, that's a decision I think I can make on my own. If I decide on a Fuji forensic, will I sell all my Pentax gear and come here and brag about what a better system I have but maybe it doesn't do all that I want so should I buy some other systems instead? Maybe I'd bring this up on 4chan, but not here, not at PentaxForums.Com. But maybe that's just me.
04-16-2010, 07:49 AM   #64
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Don't want the help? Thread Closed!

Closed Thread