Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2010, 08:05 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
GerryL, what the hell are you smoking? You can shoot a Rebel XT in manual, Av, Tv mode just like your Pentax. And you are "stuck with EF or EF-S lenses"? Have you SEEN the amount of lenses available in that mount? And if you don't like that, there's Tamron, Tokina, Sigma etc cranking out lenses in EF mount. If you don't like that, the registration distance on Canon EF mount is shorter than most which lets you adapt M42, OM, K-mount glass without a problem. You can get some cheap M42 bellows and stick on the Rebel, etc etc etc.

If you don't like the Rebel, give it to someone who'll appreciate it rather than whine about how it's somehow worse than your Pentax. Sheesh. There's brand loyalty, and there's also sheer ignorance...

03-17-2010, 01:06 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
GerryL, what the hell are you smoking? You can shoot a Rebel XT in manual, Av, Tv mode just like your Pentax. And you are "stuck with EF or EF-S lenses"? Have you SEEN the amount of lenses available in that mount? And if you don't like that, there's Tamron, Tokina, Sigma etc cranking out lenses in EF mount. If you don't like that, the registration distance on Canon EF mount is shorter than most which lets you adapt M42, OM, K-mount glass without a problem. You can get some cheap M42 bellows and stick on the Rebel, etc etc etc.

If you don't like the Rebel, give it to someone who'll appreciate it rather than whine about how it's somehow worse than your Pentax. Sheesh. There's brand loyalty, and there's also sheer ignorance...
I'll take that rebel... :smile:
03-17-2010, 07:56 AM   #18
Veteran Member

THere are many posibilities with every system and many lenses available. Depending on anyone's need, there will be a system to be used.

I personally like Pentax over others because I love the brand and offers what I need. I been exposedto Pentax cameras all my life and cameras like cars, the brand grows on you and you will not consider other brand.

So buy/use what it feels more comfortable for you.
03-17-2010, 09:01 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I don't think I'll be going back to Pentax anymore.

03-17-2010, 09:59 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
I don't think I'll be going back to Pentax anymore.
And your reasoning?
03-17-2010, 10:12 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
because in a few months if he did switch, Cody would make another thread in a couple of months titled "thinking about leaving Pentax"
03-18-2010, 12:11 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I choose Pentax, and there is no going back. There is no perfect camera, and if I can't do it with what I have, then I can't do it - think the problem through and find another approach that will work with what I have. Too expensive to change, and I have learned from experience, that when you change - you just exchange one set of problems for another.

Not a professional, so its not a matter of putting food on the table. For me, its about taking pictures, not acquiring the equipment (apparently the thrill of the chase). I have saved and acquired over time, what I think I need. I can't fathom how folks can change all the time.

03-18-2010, 04:19 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote

Let's just say I'm ignorant since that is what you want to point out.
As I said, I prefer Pentax as I have in-body stabilization which I don't have to buy on every lens and I don't have to but a lot of adapters but an Pentax M-42 mount.
..and yeah, I would enjoy the Canon as it has a lot of lens offering..oh how I wish I could buy all the lens offering.
Oh yeah, I forgot that I didn't say anything about me switching to Canon..sheesh..maybe because I'm ignorant??? Sheesh..
03-18-2010, 04:22 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lance B Quote
And your reasoning?
He actually still is in Pentax since he is here.
Maybe he's not ignorant.
03-18-2010, 04:26 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoso Quote
I'll take that rebel... :smile:
There actually is a Rebel for sale on the marketplace for $200 or OBO, I think.
My Canon Rebel is my P&S camera and I like it that way..it is a matter of personal preference.
..plus there are tons of available lenses as I have heard!
04-09-2010, 10:02 AM   #26

I get the strong impression that what you really want are Canon gears and that you are considering Pentax only because of the price. Correct me if wrong .... but if that's the case I'd recommend that you stay with Canon. Their equipments might cost more but do get what you really want, even if it takes a little longer to save up, because at the end of day you'll be satisfied. I'm not going to advocate either Canon or Pentax here even though I personally use Pentax. I've used all major brands and I like the feel of the Pentax the best, but I firmly believe that you can generate great photos with any of these brands.
04-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This thread isn't over a month old or anything...
04-09-2010, 12:59 PM   #28
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
Stay with Canon ... you know it makes sense
+1 stay with canonikons.
04-09-2010, 01:00 PM   #29
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by shawnxji Quote
I get the strong impression that what you really want are Canon gears and that you are considering Pentax only because of the price. Correct me if wrong .... but if that's the case I'd recommend that you stay with Canon. Their equipments might cost more but do get what you really want, even if it takes a little longer to save up, because at the end of day you'll be satisfied. I'm not going to advocate either Canon or Pentax here even though I personally use Pentax. I've used all major brands and I like the feel of the Pentax the best, but I firmly believe that you can generate great photos with any of these brands.
I think he started it to get his post count up so he can get closer to winning the KX.
04-09-2010, 03:15 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
I second that... one less person to bid on the prestine m42 lens on fleabay..
I would have to agree here as well.

more obscure lenses for me.....really though best of luck in your decision
Closed Thread