Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Okay, Okay, I cannot resist

Okay, I cannot resist being the first to post this.

SHOULD I GET THE KX OR THE NEW 645D? Is the 645D actually worth the extra $9000.00? The KX weighs less, is smaller, has in body SR, higher fps, greater selection of lenses, uses AA batteries and costs less. The 645D has more than 3X the mp, larger sensor and weather seals. Gee, I cannot make up my mind. Would someone please help me decide?

I don't know if I can live with only 1.5 fps and no in body SR or AA batteries. Pentax is surely doomed because of this, doomed I tell you!!!!! DOOOOMMMMED No one is going to spend over $9000.00 on the 645D when they have the KX availible to them. I give Pentax two maybe three decades and they will be gone because of this mistake!

That still leaves me wondering, should I get the KX or the 645D? Will someone help me decide?

(For those that cannot tell, this is only for fun. We need fun threads that we can pick on each other and laugh at our selves. Threads that no one takes seriously.)

03-12-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Re: Okay, Okay, I cannot resist

The two cameras are aimed at entirely two different market places. The K-645D is more for the pro studio photographer who would look at a Hassleblad or Myami(?) it is also a full frame sensor and uses different glass.
It is like comparing a Civic to a BMW.
03-12-2010, 07:50 PM   #3

Maybe it's just me, but I think the original poster might have meant for that post to be humorous :P.

Looking at the 645D makes me wish I wasn't living off security guard wages . Maybe it's time to get an education and start earning some more cash so I can invest in one of these beasts
03-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

In another 645D thread, I said I would go get lottery tickets after seeing the MF pron over there. I never play the lottery. I picked up 5 tickets on the way home. No joke.

03-12-2010, 09:25 PM   #5
Forum Member

The solution is so CLEAR.

You have to get both, then, on average, you are the first to have to only one, but two Pentax FF cameras. FF FTW11!!!!111ONEONE
03-12-2010, 09:33 PM   #6

Original Poster
YossarainKL

I did start this thread as a joke to poke fun at all of us. Yes, me too. Some days if I could not laugh at my own stupidity I would go nuts.

Nachodog

I don't play the lottery either, but if I did and won, the 645D and assorted lenses would be high on my list of things to purchase. Really high. But then again, so would the KX and K7. I don't have either one of them. I have a sort of CBA. To borrow someone elses idea, Camera Buying Addiction. (Just don't tell my wife.)
03-12-2010, 09:48 PM   #7
Damn Brit

@OP,fun or not, what camera you should buy is not Pentax News neither is it a Pentax Rumour.

Please be careful where you start threads.
Thanks

03-12-2010, 09:50 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I don't understand the question...you're not getting both?
03-12-2010, 10:03 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Personally I'd just get this:

03-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CharlieO Quote

SHOULD I GET THE KX OR THE NEW 645D? Is the 645D actually worth the extra $9000.00? The KX weighs less, is smaller, has in body SR, higher fps, greater selection of lenses, uses AA batteries and costs less. The 645D has more than 3X the mp, larger sensor and weather seals. Gee, I cannot make up my mind. Would someone please help me decide?

I don't know if I can live with only 1.5 fps and no in body SR or AA batteries. Pentax is surely doomed because of this, doomed I tell you!!!!! DOOOOMMMMED No one is going to spend over $9000.00 on the 645D when they have the KX availible to them. I give Pentax two maybe three decades and they will be gone because of this mistake!

That still leaves me wondering, should I get the KX or the 645D? Will someone help me decide?

(For those that cannot tell, this is only for fun. We need fun threads that we can pick on each other and laugh at our selves. Threads that no one takes seriously.)
Absolutely worth it. I'm however not familiar with the Pentax lens lineup (are there LTDs?) and the lineup of the Sigmas and Tokinas and ... So that might be the showstopper for me

PS FA31LTD + K10D + K100D plus some other stuff should do for a deposit on the loan that I have to take. I should have bought the K7 a while ago so I could add it to the deposit. Maybe I should go and get it anyway and add to the deposit.
03-12-2010, 10:23 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Click your heels twice CharlieO...........you live in Kansas.
03-12-2010, 11:07 PM   #12
Veteran Member

@CharlieO you are doomed you did not consider k7 for comparison with 645 and you shall be hanged till you give up these thoughts.

for me the high iso performance was deal breaker. ;-)
03-13-2010, 03:49 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CharlieO Quote

Any ISO comparisons out there yet?

03-13-2010, 05:00 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nulla Quote
Any ISO comparisons out there yet?

Well, I think the expanded iso range of the Kx takes up to 12,800, sure it doesn't look good, but the 645D can only shoot at a max of iso 1000. Can you believe it?

Just kidding. These two cameras are very different photographic tools that will be very good in their own areas. The bad thing about the 645 is that it will drive up the cost of older medium format lenses, because I foresee it being a big hit with its target markets.
03-13-2010, 10:27 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Buy the biggest, it will make you look like a professional photographer.