Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2007, 06:10 AM   #1
Inactive Account

*IST ds Memory Card Problem.

After shooting this weekend I had approximately 90-95 Raw files on my 2 Gig card. The camera was showing that I have room for around 90-95 Raw files (1/2 full... No problem.) I start shooting again the next morning and I got a message that it was unable to write the image. There were no indications that it thought the card was full, just that it would not write the file. If I deleted a file it would write a new file. Only 1 for 1 though.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Does it sound like I may have have some sort of 'bad spot' on my card at that particular location or is it something with the camera?

07-09-2007, 08:40 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Have you filled this card to 2g before? Does your DS have all the firmare updates? Think originally DS couldn't do more than 1g cards. If yes to all this are your batteries really fresh? Preferably lithiums to be sure. Have had card download problems before with certain batts. Don't think thats the problem here. Have you deleted/reformated card on computer? If so you may have reformated card to 1g. Hope this helps. Welcome to the Pentax family and this site.
thanks
barondla
07-09-2007, 09:17 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
That would be the problem. I just never got around to doing any firmware updates.

Thanks for getting back to me.