Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Can you harm your camera by using continous shooting or movie?

Can you *harm* your camera by using continuous shooting or movie? I noticed that my K-X got really hot near the lcd screen and menu buttons. I held down my continuous shot and tried to see how fast it could go, or well how many photos I could take to fill up the buffer... could I have damaged my buffer?

OMG SUPER BAD TYPO

Last edited by NecroticSoldier; 03-14-2010 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Typo
03-14-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There were some earlier discussion on heating during video mode with both K-x and K-7. See threads in PentaxForums.com - The Largest Pentax-Dedicated Photography Forum Community- Home. First I would suggest that you check that you have the lastest firmware update. The firmware 1.03 improve drastically the K-7 video mode. I do not now the advantages of the firmware 1.01 for the K-x.

Second, I am not sure why your K-x would become hot near the LCD during continuous shooting. In [Hi] continuous shooting, you need to switch off any PP and LCD display to maximise the burst rate. In other words, the LCD should be off during the entire burst.

With my K-7, I have had no problem of heat in [Hi] continuous shooting, even in a burst of up to 60 s at 5.2 fps.

It will be interesting to hear from other pentaxians of any problem or lack of problem in continuous shooting mode...