Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2007, 04:50 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Weird front wheel problem.

I just noticed something very strange with my k10d. Suddenly the front wheel was not working at all, in any mode where it was supposed to do something, it did notthing. I tried to reset the power first but that didnt do anything.

After trying a bit I realized that it was the grip that was causing the problem. if I turn off the on/off switch on the grip then the front wheel works, or of course remove the grip or the battery inside it, but just changing the power also works.

I suspect, and hope! that if I recharge the battery thats in the grip then the problem will go away.

very strange thing to happen anyway..... the camera is working fine except for the front wheel with the grip attatched btw.

07-10-2007, 07:08 AM   #2

I also had this problem a while ago. It turned out that one of the e-dials on the grip was turned and positioned just between the clicks on the dial. Just snap it into a click and it will work again..
07-10-2007, 09:40 AM   #3
and
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Haha, hey! and welcome to the forum. thats funny did you join up just to help me out?

Yep you were right on the money! I turned the wheel on the grip and now all is back to normal. Hopefully others experiencing this can run into this thread and discover the root of the problem.
07-10-2007, 01:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I think that this belongs in the Pentax Photography Knowledge Base.