Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2010, 07:58 AM   #1
Forum Member

software

Presently and temporarily i have a K10, K20 and K7. once they have been " tuned up" will sell one. However as far as new software/firmware , etc. Do I need to/ can I put the pentax software for each on my computer. New compurter neededing tol reload everything anyway. Is there a single disc/ program that I can put on to get the correct software /firmware to the correct camera?

Thanks,

03-19-2010, 08:05 AM   #2
Veteran Member

You don't need to put any software on your computer to upgrade the firmware. You download a file and put it on a memory card. But I wouldn't worry about upgrading the firmware before selling.

I've had a K10D for several years, and I don't think I ever broke the seal on the CD that came with the camera.
03-19-2010, 08:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member

The buyer will deside to either or not to upgrade to the latest firmware. Upgrading is very easy and does not need to put the software in your PC.
03-19-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
thanks for the help