Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K 7 Dust Removal Question

I'm wondering if my K7's dust removal mechanism isn't working. When I select this menu function the only sound I hear is a faint high-pitched electronic whirling noise. And I feel nothing in terms of movement within the camera.

My point of reference is my K20. On it, I hear a rapid series of mechanical clunks (maybe 5 or 6?) and I feel the movement in my hand.

I do notice the floating sensor movement on the K7 when I pick up the camera so I doubt it's stuck or not moveable by the dust shake motor.

So is the K7 just fooling me here doing this a new quieter way? For comparison what do you hear on your K7?

Thanks,
-t

03-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
PFH
Veteran Member

Your K-7 is probably working just fine, the K-7 use a competently different technique to remove dust.
Not like the K20D where the whole sensor was shaking.
03-19-2010, 02:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

The K-7 uses a newer dust-reduction system that uses high frequency noise and that's where that high pitch sound comes from.
03-19-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks PFH & LeDave for your quick replies!

-tom