Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2010, 10:59 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
Haha got my edit in before your reply

03-23-2010, 01:12 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by soontobepcv Quote
I DO expect them to provide features that are advertised.

To not do so is illegal.
Errors happen (and in a large company, can take a while to feed back and get corrected). I doubt there's any one of us here who's never made an error in our own job, or would claim that to be the case. I'd expect the mention of the missing feature will disappear from the site after your report works its way back to the person responsible for that part of the site - it's not in the company's own interest to have the error there after all, because it could result in more product returns.

Your legal remedy is to return the product if it doesn't include the advertised feature. It seems you don't want to return it because you like the other features, but that's your personal decision, and doesn't mean you weren't offered the legal remedy of a refund.

I wouldn't hold your breath for a feature to be added because of a marketing error, tbh.
03-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

To not do so is illegal.
Errors happen. You were told it doesn't exist. If it's that big a deal, return your K-x and buy a K-7.
03-23-2010, 05:08 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by timstone Quote
....I do remember when I used to own my 10D that I was able to install the 20D firmware to get a few more ISO choices and a few other features that the 10D didn't have.
I assume you mean a Canon 10D and not a Pentax K10D?

03-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OP has a point that he has the right to expect time lapse shooting. However, where people work, mistakes are made. For that reason things like PENTAX Imaging Copyright Notice exist.

I think the below is the relevant part
QuoteQuote:
THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, PENTAX IMAGING COMPANY AND LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES , EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. PENTAX IMAGING COMPANY AND LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, CORRECTLY SEQUENCED, RELIABLE OR TIMELY, OR THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE OF ERRORS AND/OR VIRUSES, BUGS, WORMS OR THE LIKE. YOU USE THE SITE AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
03-23-2010, 07:44 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

To not do so is illegal.

BS. Errors pop up everywhere. Return it and get over it.