Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #1

[langtitle=pt]Dúvida K7[/langtitle]

boas... sou portugues e o meu ingles é mediocre. Estou a ponderar adquirir uma k7, como primeira slr. ja ouvi dizer bem e mal..como em todos os modelos..em todas as marcas. dizem que as cores das fotos não são muito boas.... (comparando com nikon d90)...estou na duvida entre as duas... alguém tem alguma k7 que me possa ser preciso acerca da sua qualidade?
é para me divertir, nada de profissionalismo, com lente de kit 18-55 mm e comprar tamron ou sigma 70-300mm. podem dar-me opiniões.
obrigado

03-19-2010, 06:08 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't know anything about the nikons..

Here's a photo from the Tamron at 270mm on the K7

Click for peeper version..

Here's the same auto from the DA*300

Works for me...

03-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
Pentaxian

My opinion is that the K-7 is a perfectly competent image maker. I can't say how it compares to the Nikons, and frankly, I don't really care all that much.
I know that the AF can fall down, and that there are faster cameras out there.
Sometimes this causes problems for me, but mostly it doesn't.
I invite you to peruse some of my photos, all taken with the K-7 and various Pentax lenses.

The Trucks of August
Portraits of Kayla
A Picture
A Picture
A Picture
03-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #4
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Filipe Quote
boas... sou portugues e o meu ingles é mediocre. Estou a ponderar adquirir uma k7, como primeira slr. ja ouvi dizer bem e mal..como em todos os modelos..em todas as marcas. dizem que as cores das fotos não são muito boas.... (comparando com nikon d90)...estou na duvida entre as duas... alguém tem alguma k7 que me possa ser preciso acerca da sua qualidade?
é para me divertir, nada de profissionalismo, com lente de kit 18-55 mm e comprar tamron ou sigma 70-300mm. podem dar-me opiniões.
obrigado
Last December, I was in a similar position, after 6 months of search on various dSLRs. I bought the K-7 as my first dSLR. I have had previous experiences with long zooms (Panasonic FZ20 and Olympus C700). I considered at the time the following dSLRs: Pentax K-x, Pentax K-7, Nikon D90, Canon 500D (and today I would add the Canon 550D). At the end, I made a decision based upon my ; I shot often outdoor, with motion and actions.

I choosed the K-7 because of it wide range of options, its superb viewfinder, the weather resistance and the continuous shooting characteristics.

I wanted definitely the weather resistance and continuous shooting at high rate. When I was confident that my research was thorough, I went to a shop to try all the above cameras. The K-7 was the best fit in my hands (the K-x was not far). Importantly, the K-7 had the nicest viewfinder with the D90, but the D90 was howeverfar too bulky and heavy. The K-7 was by far my first choice and I do not regret my choice!

Hope that the comment will help....

03-20-2010, 01:25 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I have the K-7, meets my requirements well.

One thing I'd say is that it's a mighty nice camera to use cheaper lenses on. Unless you need the reasonable increase in (body-only) AF speed and frame rate etc, some cheaper cameras with nicer lenses will give you better IQ.
03-20-2010, 01:32 AM   #6
Damn Brit

Review tests are often carried out using factory settings, all brands set their cameras up to capture colour differently. Very few people shoot with the factory settings.
Once you load images into software for post processing, you can pretty much get pictures to look any way you want. Choosing a camera based on out of the box colour rendition shouldn't be a deciding factor.
Welcome to PF
03-20-2010, 02:55 AM   #7
emr

netuser is from Azores also. I wonder if you live close so he could demonstrate his camera? Just a thought.
03-20-2010, 05:19 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
netuser is from Azores also. I wonder if you live close so he could demonstrate his camera? Just a thought.
Same town

Get in touch Filipe

03-21-2010, 12:16 AM   #9
Veteran Member

The colours in a photo are so easy to change that it would be near the bottom of my list in the descision to buy one camera over another.
03-21-2010, 01:05 AM   #10
Pentaxian

I think the K-7 may be lacking in certain areas when compared to other makers top models but I don't think colour reproduction is one of them.

Personally I think that if you have doubts then you should go with Nikon, You have to be a bit different to be a Pentax user .. which is why there is not that many of us

Last edited by Mike.P®; 03-21-2010 at 03:33 AM.