Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2010, 08:05 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Renmanova Quote
ok, i am trying not to make a big deal out of it, but the nikon hotshoe is visibly scratched and dirty when i took it out.

before that on the first day there are scratches on the rim of lens mount as well, i just ignored it.

sorry for digressing... but this camera also has serious blur (motion and general blur) problems. even with a point and shoot i can take a more clearer photo. i attached some photos as follows. i dont think its my hands that's the problem! 100% crop

that second shot seems out of focus and I wouldn't test for blur against a computer screen but regardless I'm pretty sure you're camera was out of the box before you got it and maybe even refurbished or in display.
you might have gotten a perfectly good camera but I would think about a return

03-21-2010, 11:24 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
ok, i attached more pictures fore reference...

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/5586/dsc00954u.jpg
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6103/imgp7302b.jpg
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1156/imgp7303.jpg

I have contacted the seller, prodigital2000 on ebay, and he said to contact pentax myself as they never had this problem. pfft...

I want a return.

03-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #18

ok, i attached more pictures fore reference...

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/5586/dsc00954u.jpg
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6103/imgp7302b.jpg
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1156/imgp7303.jpg

I have contacted the seller, prodigital2000 on ebay, and he said to contact pentax myself as they never had this problem. pfft...

I want a return.

I would file a dispute against the seller.
03-21-2010, 11:29 AM   #19
Inactive Account

Original Poster
What is the best I can get out of this?

I want 100% refund but I still have to pay shipping correct?

I am really disappointed to be honest to go through all this trouble! I'd rather by local now at futureshop

03-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry, I thought it was an open box item - my bad...

It appears based on your description, that it is a returned item (someone who bought it but return it for whatever reasons) - and then without doing some detail inspection, the vendor put it back on the shelf again, to ready to ship to the new buyer. This kind of thing happens all the time, even more so in retail camera shop. Believe me, the first K100D I bought from Futureshop is like that, I know someone has opened the box before.

In your case, I would ask talk to them about a replacement item or full refund and purchase it again since you are not happy with the one they sent you. The worst case scenario is you have to pay the shipping for the RMA (which is a hassle also) - but at the end you want to make sure you get what you pay for.
03-21-2010, 12:17 PM   #21
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I have opened a paypal case for 100% refund...

since you can't ask for return more than the purchase price, does this mean I am paying the return shipping myself!?!

what a hassle!
03-21-2010, 12:26 PM   #22
Veteran Member

I have opened a paypal case for 100% refund...

since you can't ask for return more than the purchase price, does this mean I am paying the return shipping myself!?!

what a hassle!
Unfortunately yes; also I would use delivery confirmation option when sending it back to avoid further dispute. Make sure you have an authorized RMA number before sending it back.

03-21-2010, 12:27 PM   #23
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Unfortunately yes; also I would use delivery confirmation option when sending it back to avoid further dispute. Make sure you have an authorized RMA number before sending it back.
what's an authorized RMA number? thanks for your help!
03-21-2010, 01:18 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Return materials authorization... some vendors include return envelop/box with postage (such as Dell), some don't, so ask them if they can provide that; better yet, ask them if they can provide another "new" one, for exchange instead unless you decided that you don't want to deal with them anymore - but try to work something out and give them a chance to fix it so you are both satisfied before taking any drastic actions. Life is too short to get angry - better spend the time to enjoy photography.

Last edited by aleonx3; 03-21-2010 at 03:38 PM.
03-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #25
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Return materials authorization... some vendors include return envelop/box with postage (such as Dell), some don't, so ask them if they can provide that; better yet, ask them if they can provide another "new" one, for exchange instead unless you decided that you don't want to deal with them anymore - but try to work something out and give them a chance to fix it so you are both satisfied before taking any drastic actions. Live is too short to get angry - better spend the time to enjoy photography.
ahh, thanks for the tips!

to be honest I was really looking forward to the camera as well, bought the charger, memory, screen protector and everything, but the camera itself is not performing up to my expectations with the blur (I thought its my problem for sometime, but now i think it isn't). I am sure pentax k-x is a great camera when it functions properly, but in my case I have to say the quality issue is a big concern for me...

and now this...

:/ i think im gonna wait on buying another camera for now. :ugh:
03-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #26
Veteran Member

I can tell you my story as well - I bought my first K100D from future shop - I tried to price match with Aden Camera - I thought I was getting a new one, but I didn't since I noticed the viewfinder had a couple of spots and smears on it (some finger prints); but the sales-lady wrote on my receipt to indicate no exchange/nor refund, I didn't pay too much attention at the time thinking that if it is a brand new camera why would I need to return/exchange for it. It turns out that when the sales-lady told me that she is getting a new one for me, she actually went back to check with her manager, her manager probably said to her "give that guy the one that was just returned (by another customer) for that price". Fortunately, when I took the camera to Pentax repair centre, they cleaned everything for me as it is under warranty. My thought on this is that: well, they might have won the battle but they have lost the war? I know I would not be a customer of futureshop again.

Another thing about generous return policy in Canada or anywhere else for that matter; it is a double edge sword - the demise of many companies in the past speak the truth about it - Eatons, Consumer Distrubuting in Canada. People buy stuff and use it and then return for refund - all at the expense of the retailer.

Last edited by aleonx3; 03-21-2010 at 05:28 PM.
03-21-2010, 05:25 PM   #27
Veteran Member

ahh, thanks for the tips!

to be honest I was really looking forward to the camera as well, bought the charger, memory, screen protector and everything, but the camera itself is not performing up to my expectations with the blur (I thought its my problem for sometime, but now i think it isn't). I am sure pentax k-x is a great camera when it functions properly, but in my case I have to say the quality issue is a big concern for me...

and now this...

:/ i think im gonna wait on buying another camera for now. :ugh:
Looking at the picture you took of the computer monitor, I agree that doesn't look right. From the EXIF data, this was taken at 24mm with a shutter speed of 1/125 -- and yet that looks like motion blur in the picture, which should be all but impossible. My guess (this is a WILD guess right here, but to me it sounds like a possibility) is that the SR system is malfunctioning on your K-x, and that this was why the previous owner (as your camera has obviously had one) returned the camera in the first place. Demand a replacement or refund, including shipping.
03-21-2010, 08:59 PM   #28

I bought my first Kx from futureshop, and it was supposed to be brand new. I plug in the batteries, take a few shots, then I notice that the photo numbers are like 2850 or something like that. I took it back right away, got a new one, and the new one started at 0001

Good luck to the OP, I hope he gets a full refund, as well as P/H covered.

b.
03-21-2010, 09:30 PM   #29
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by iamthehub Quote
I bought my first Kx from futureshop, and it was supposed to be brand new. I plug in the batteries, take a few shots, then I notice that the photo numbers are like 2850 or something like that. I took it back right away, got a new one, and the new one started at 0001

Good luck to the OP, I hope he gets a full refund, as well as P/H covered.

b.
it started at 001? oh my, my started at at least 400!!!!

either way, thanks for all the input guys! although,,,, im not a guy
03-21-2010, 09:30 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
I would place the likelihood of that scenario at about zero out of a possible billion.
Yes, it is far more likely that someone bought the camera just to switch the $1 shoe cap and then returned it.