Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2010, 11:11 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Unsinkable II Quote
It's a gorgeous looking camera. Thanks for sharing. Looking at that FA 31 after losing mine stings a bit tho!

In my opinion, Pentax make the best looking cameras, by some margin. Even the K100D still looks better than any APS-C Nikon or Canon.
I tend to agree with you there.

Neil

03-27-2010, 01:16 AM   #32

Photos: Gallery
best looking cameras, by some margin ...

i agree too although certain models of Nikon and Canon i do really like:

Canon's New F1 of the `80s last century:
File:Canon F-1 Los Angeles Olympics Edition.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and it was a really fine camera too as i worked with one back then for quite some time, very handy and capable in many respects, much better than the original F1 btw ... (although i've never liked any Canon lens that much for that matter.)

or Nikon's F series ... most Leicas ... Hasselblads, especially the H series

there was also a 35mm Rollieflex SL2000 model that accepted extra backs, had a top reflex viewfinder (very useful feature btw) as well as the regular pentaprism one in the rear plus other goodies.

this camera also looked so cool as well as being a nice one to work with. wish had one myself:
YouTube - rolleiflex SL 2000 F 0001

want a really ugly camera, especially without a lens on?

try the latest Canon EOS 7D. was looking at it in a store the other day, with other cameras around it and a Pentax K-7 was there too. the Canon EOS 7D is nearly twice the size of K-7, which is ok considering the former's an FF digital, but i wonder why it looked so ugly? i mean there are so many nice Canons around but this one somehow gave me the impression as if having been designed without any aesthetics considerations in mind, and probably in a hurry too!
03-27-2010, 01:22 AM   #33
Veteran Member

penties rider, 7D is an APS-C camera, not full frame. Canon's 'small'-size FF cameras are the 5D series, while Nikon has the D700. Both are smaller than the D3/Mark I's but still very hefty compared to the APS-C's.

Must say though, big fan of the K-7's small size. Very useful.
03-27-2010, 11:39 PM   #34

hi CWyatt

maybe it was the 5D then?

whatever it was, it was huge (in comparison to the K-7 and other Sony Alphas etc in the same display) as well as ugly! i mean there are bulky cameras that do not look ugly necessarily but this particular Canon model WAS ugly period!

thx for the correction btw.

Last edited by penties rider; 04-01-2010 at 10:18 PM. Reason: typo, and a bad one for that: K-y instead of K-7!
03-28-2010, 04:34 AM   #35
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Thanks Ben for letting me hold and play w/ such a beautiful camera. Wish I could have one some day:

hehe . . . Someone is spreading the poison here too . . .
04-01-2010, 08:40 AM   #36
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Septrain Quote
From Pentax Japanese site, the screen almost has rule of thirds grid lines.

PENTAX?K-7?Limited Silver?K-7??????????PENTAX

When I looked into the view finder, judging with my eye, the center spacing for horizontal & vertical lines are slightly wider than the sides by about 10-20%.
My comment about the "Golden Ratio Focus Screen".
The grids are etched in black and I found it is not so user friendly especially during in-door shoot like dinner event or shooting with a darker background.
I have a few instances cannot distinguish where is the center focus spot of the view finder until the focus indicator came on.
What I seen from Pentax Japan site http://www.pentax.jp/japan/imaging/digital/slr/k-7/limited/ shows the grids are otherwise not black.

Last edited by Septrain; 04-01-2010 at 08:56 AM.
04-02-2010, 03:01 AM   #37

Photos: Albums
Wow, that is one Sexy camera.