Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2010, 07:16 AM   #1
Site Supporter

K-7 not detecing DA* 55mm?

I'm having a slight (but not critical) problem.

My K-7 is not recording my DA* 55mm f/1.4 in the EXIF data (it does work correctly with my DA Limited 40mm f/2.8) and I'm wondering if it is as a result also not applying correct adjustments for CA, as I notice some heavy CA all over the place (not unexpected, but just curious).

In Aperture 3 it records the lens as nothing or Unknown Lens.

Thanks!

Attached Images

03-23-2010, 10:00 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jayroop Quote
I'm having a slight (but not critical) problem.

My K-7 is not recording my DA* 55mm f/1.4 in the EXIF data (it does work correctly with my DA Limited 40mm f/2.8) and I'm wondering if it is as a result also not applying correct adjustments for CA, as I notice some heavy CA all over the place (not unexpected, but just curious).

In Aperture 3 it records the lens as nothing or Unknown Lens.

Thanks!
The K7 detects it fine. Look at your raw (or unprocessed jpg) with PhotoMe. For some reason, Adobe (bridge in CS4) software isn't seeing or translating the DA*55 but does correctly ID the 55mm FL.

03-23-2010, 10:14 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks.

I don't have PhotoME as I'm on a Mac, but I do see that the proper focal length of 55mm was recorded. You know, being a geeky it's easy to get worked up over things like the proper name isn't being recorded it's an infuriating albeit mostly pointless thing to pay attention to.

Of course, I'm curious if anyone else reports the same thing with Aperture 3 or Bridge CS4 on a Mac. You know, just for curiosities sake!
03-23-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Adobe still hasn't caught up with the DA55 or the DA60-250 lenses. I find it more than a little annoying that they are willing to take close to 1k from me for sftware and then offer bogus support for it.
I suspect my next Adobe product will arrive via bit torrent, not download from the Adobe website.
I'm tired of supporting them when they don't have the decency to do their jobs.

03-23-2010, 02:43 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Adobe still hasn't caught up with the DA55 or the DA60-250 lenses. I find it more than a little annoying that they are willing to take close to 1k from me for sftware and then offer bogus support for it.
I suspect my next Adobe product will arrive via bit torrent, not download from the Adobe website.
The OP isn't using Adobe software at all.

To the OP: I had that issue with Aperture 3 and my K-x. I don't know what sorted it out but over time the correct lens names did start to appear.
03-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
ah, so i guess maybe this is part of the camera raw updates that we see...

QuoteOriginally posted by noahpurdy Quote

To the OP: I had that issue with Aperture 3 and my K-x. I don't know what sorted it out but over time the correct lens names did start to appear.
gotcha, thanks for the information. i'll survive for now i think, but good to know that it may sort itself out over time.

thanks!
03-23-2010, 04:57 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by noahpurdy Quote
That was more of an aside than anything else. There have been severla Adobe updates since the 55 came out, but they still don't recognize the lens.
03-23-2010, 09:59 PM   #8
Veteran Member

That was more of an aside than anything else. There have been severla Adobe updates since the 55 came out, but they still don't recognize the lens.
Fair enough. I stopped using Adobe software for similar reasons.

03-24-2010, 08:46 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Hey man, welcome in the real world.
03-24-2010, 09:39 PM   #10
Veteran Member

At occasion, life can be soooooo simple:

If you need to use a product that you have to pay for, you pay for it.
If you're not prepaired to pay for it (for whatever reason), you don't use it.

WimS
03-25-2010, 06:39 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
At occasion, life can be soooooo simple:

If you need to use a product that you have to pay for, you pay for it.
If you're not prepaired to pay for it (for whatever reason), you don't use it.

WimS
Like I need a sanctimonious dork lecturing me. I've bought every version of Photoshop since I started using it.
03-25-2010, 08:32 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Like I need a sanctimonious dork lecturing me.
Definitely sounded like it.

Let me leave it at that ...

WimS