Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2010, 08:45 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Noise?
All the astro guys that I know use Canon. I doubt that this segment of the market even registers at Pentax.
Pentax makes some good telescopes and excellent eyepieces. When I asked at the Pentax booth at an astronomy forum about support for their DSLRs to take astrophotos, all I got were blank stares and a fellow saying he never heard of that!

I used my modified K100D for astrophotos for a few years, now I'm going back to SBIG. I almost bought a K-x for astro until I found out Pentax deleted the shutter jack and power jack found on the older cameras like my K110D.

05-20-2010, 05:24 AM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I do not know how WiFi cards work but I do not see how can not be compatible; except if SDHC is not compatible.
I think is just a case of marketeers from company A and B not getting together or ignoring each other.
I hope I can find one of these in the Netherlands soon to test.
05-20-2010, 06:22 AM   #48

If it helps somebody I can confirm that Eye-Fi Explorer X2 works great with K-7... Endless memory mode is quite nice
05-21-2010, 12:17 PM   #49

QuoteOriginally posted by jaitas Quote
If it helps somebody I can confirm that Eye-Fi Explorer X2 works great with K-7... Endless memory mode is quite nice
I'm going to try the X2 Pro on the K2000 as soon as my lens arrives. I've been using it on my Lumix FZ28 and was planning on getting one of the cheaper X2 cards to go into the K2000 (once you go eye-fi it's hard going back )

I'm guessing though that if the k-7 is supported as listed, then it would support the .pef raw files, so it should be fine. The only issue as someone mentioned above would be the power required. These cards transfer your pics as long as your camera is on, once you turn it off, it won't be able to transfer till the next powerup (but it resumes). Also, for geopositioning you should wait before turning it off so it can grab all the wifi mac addresses around.

05-21-2010, 12:19 PM   #50

QuoteOriginally posted by titrisol Quote
I do not know how WiFi cards work but I do not see how can not be compatible; except if SDHC is not compatible.
I think is just a case of marketeers from company A and B not getting together or ignoring each other.
I hope I can find one of these in the Netherlands soon to test.
It would be a case of power and for the X2 pro it would have to recognize that the .pef file is a raw file to be transferred, though I'm guessing even if it doesn't, shooting in dng would get the file sent over.

It's also an issue of support. Eye-fi says they won't help you and you will void your warranty if you use an unsupported camera with the card. Going to be doing that this weekend.
05-21-2010, 12:36 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by koguma Quote
It would be a case of power and for the X2 pro it would have to recognize that the .pef file is a raw file to be transferred, though I'm guessing even if it doesn't, shooting in dng would get the file sent over.

It's also an issue of support. Eye-fi says they won't help you and you will void your warranty if you use an unsupported camera with the card. Going to be doing that this weekend.
It's also a case of shielding, and of how the card and camera interoperate,