Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2010, 07:27 AM   #91

I'm a pentax user but I feel a but your opinion:

QuoteOriginally posted by redeleon Quote
'

I felt that too when I borrowed a 550D and a 500D,
there is this cheap plastic feel that when you hold it you feel like it would break easily,
I dont like the construction of the body, the Kx feels more sturdy and tough..
Kx sturdy, tough, not plastic ??? you meant K7 didnt you?
I dont own a Kx but when I see it, it really looks like an cheap plastic camera (altough it can produces fantastic IQ pics)

QuoteOriginally posted by jlaubza Quote
The 550d is better all round than 500d and almost as good on noise as the KX but the increased resolution is a big plus point except that the camera requires the very best lenses (read EXPENSIVE) to get the best from its resolution.
Probably but one must admit that Canon lenses may be easier and cheaper to find than pentax ones for similar characterictics.

08-28-2010, 09:51 AM   #92
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well, the K-x is no K-7, but it definitely feels quite a bit more solid than most entry-level Canons.
08-28-2010, 11:11 AM   #93
Veteran Member

One of my favorite comparisons is :

Canon EOS 550D / Rebel T2i Review: 14. Photographic tests (Noise): Digital Photography Review

This puts the Canon T2i/550D head to head with the Nikon D5000, Pentx K-x and Canon T1i/500D - hover the mouse over or click on the ISO settings and at around ISO1600 and above it is really telling how well the K-x does compared to its immediate rivals for JPG.

" The real star of this comparison is the Pentax K-x though, which at its default NR setting delivers an impressive amount of detail right up to ISO 12800. "

For the RAW comparison have to also use:

Pentax K-x Review: 15. Photographic tests (Noise): Digital Photography Review

to see the K-x RAW results side-by-side may have to download the respective images. However once again the K-x shows it's better at ISO1600 and above.

" All in all the K-x's JPEG engine is doing a very decent job. Surprisingly at high ISOs the camera is a lot better than its bigger brother, the K-7, and is one of the currently best performing APS-C cameras in low light. "