Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2010, 07:06 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
Is the actual size the real issue. Though I am surprised at the evident difference, (The k-X does indeed look smaller) doesn't the issue between the two come down to technical points : MP"s/SR/Weatherproofing/Dust Removal System.
The difference in technical areas should be the deciding factor, to me at least.
I agree.

I would never let the size of the body dissuade me from using a lens.

04-09-2010, 07:11 PM   #32
Forum Member

Original Poster
bottom line

Bottom line to me, these are both fantastic cameras. They each have their strengths and weaknesses and should be applied to suit your needs. However you may use them.
04-09-2010, 09:53 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jon in SC Quote
K7
Weight: 750 grams
Deminsions: 131x97x73mm

Kx
580 grams
deminsions: 123x92x68mm
That K-x weight is rather misleading, as it is with disposable (aka single-use / non-rechargeable) lithium batteries. Use NiMH rechargeables (which weigh significantly more), and the weight difference is quite a lot less.

QuoteOriginally posted by flippedgazelle Quote
Then perhaps there is an alignment issue with your K-x, if your comparison is being made with the same lens. The K7 and K-x share the same 11 point AF system.
They're not the same, they're *similar*. The K-7 accounts for light wavelength when determining focus (courtesy of an extra sensor the K-x lacks); the K-x doesn't account for this. The K-7 also includes a built-in AF assist lamp, and the K-x doesn't. The K-7 also allows AF fine tuning of lenses and the camera body; AFAICR the K-x doesn't.
04-09-2010, 11:55 PM   #34
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by knoxploration Quote
That K-x weight is rather misleading, as it is with disposable (aka single-use / non-rechargeable) lithium batteries. Use NiMH rechargeables (which weigh significantly more), and the weight difference is quite a lot less.

They're not the same, they're *similar*. The K-7 accounts for light wavelength when determining focus (courtesy of an extra sensor the K-x lacks); the K-x doesn't account for this. The K-7 also includes a built-in AF assist lamp, and the K-x doesn't. The K-7 also allows AF fine tuning of lenses and the camera body; AFAICR the K-x doesn't.

I agree, with NiMH batteries, the K-x weighs slightly more than 600g, which is a bit of a heft.

The lack of a AF lamp is kind of disappointing. It's the one thing about the camera that I will miss.