Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2010, 12:49 AM   #46
Forum Member

if u work in sunny weather white is the way u go :P reflector colours protect ur battery better xD

but, it's too freaky to get white body just cuz of sun if i d go for white body it surely would show my perfection. u cant see stratches or any wearing signs on black but on white even ur fingerprints could be visible

04-14-2010, 08:56 AM   #47
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Better Red than Canon.

(a couple puns are embedded there)

But I digress. My first digicam was a blue-and-silver P&S. I thought the silver was too distracting, too conspicuous. I wanted a stealth cam. I'd read of photogs of yesteryear who blacked-over all the shiny parts of their cams. So I painted cam's front all with black lacquer, hoping to render it virtually invisible. Result: it looked like sh!t, even before the paint started flaking off. I can't remove the rest; the poor thing looks like it has a bad case of impetigo (that's a skin disease characterized by mottling, peeling, etc).

Anyway, my point is, just because a cam is black, doesn't mean it's serious. And just because it is, doesn't mean it isn't. Or something like that. I suppose if I dressed in red a lot and sunburned easily, a red cam and lenses would look just fine. Yeah, that's it -- coordinate your camera color with your clothes and especially your complexion. If you're seasick, get a green or chartreuse cam. If you have jaundice, get a yellow cam. All you albinos know what to buy.
hey there is a market there. mood cameras. changes color with your mood. we could make millions
04-14-2010, 10:05 AM   #48
Veteran Member

There is a discussion here on the forums that so far there are more white K-x's that have a problem with the mirror slap issue or SR issue than any other color (I don't know how true, or if it even exists).
This might be due to the fact too that the white probably sells more units than any other color so, it is the one more tested and handled.
For me, it is neither black or white if I were to get a K-x as the red with black lens really looks great!
Certain color combinations just work, like black and red, gold and black, yellow and black, or yellow and red, black and chrome.
White and black just doesn't seem to appeal to me..but that is just me.
06-09-2010, 08:02 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've had my white K-x for half a year now and I'm still happy with it. The white body is still clean. Everywhere I go I get comments about how great it looks, especially from women.

I've been asked about it by security people and I just tell them that it's the new fisher-price toy camera.

06-09-2010, 08:20 AM   #50
Veteran Member

I'm a basic black kind of person when it comes to my camera gear, but that being said I've been sort of eying the silver one ever since I saw a pic of that baby. I also like the hot pink a lot, but I'd probably never buy it.
06-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ohyouloveme Quote
black is boring. white oozes sex. get white.
EEEEEwwwwww! I don't want sex oozing all over my hands! Besides won't all that "wetness" screw up the electronics? I thought the K-x wasn't weather sealed!

NaCl(I don't want a camera that oozes sex, I want a camera that attracts sex!)H2O
06-09-2010, 05:11 PM   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Oddity96 Quote
only the kit 18-55 is in white.
I saw a white kit 18-55 and white 50-200 for sale
Pete
06-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #53
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
storm trooper white! is alot more fun then black.

06-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
NaCl(I don't want a camera that oozes sex, I want a camera that attracts sex!)H2O
I think the white K-x meets that criteria. I haven't heard the same about the blue nor the red bodies.
06-10-2010, 09:57 AM   #55
Veteran Member

Oh yes

My daughter got the white. It looks kinda off white to me but I like it
06-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #56
Inactive Account

I prefer the White K-x

I have a black K10D and a new White K-x. I love the White K-x. Look at it closely, it looks like a work of art!
06-10-2010, 02:49 PM   #57
Veteran Member

White for sure. If you want a black one, buy a white one and I'll trade you.
06-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #58
Forum Member

I personally have the Navy version, and I love it's glossy yet subtle finish. The only deciding factor that comes to my mind regarding aesthetics are any additional lenses you may buy in the future. I don't know about all of the older lenses, but I recently got an F series 35-70mm, and it seems to be more grey-ish than black, which I don't think would look so good on a white body. I had an amazingly difficult time deciding what color to get, leaning toward every color at least once or twice before I finally settled on navy. Whatever color you do decide on, I'm sure you won't regret.
06-10-2010, 04:39 PM   #59
Pentaxian

I got the red. My other camera is a K20D (basic black) and something small and fun and red was in order. Kind of like a mid-life crisis sportscar or mistress...
06-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #60
Veteran Member

Since I couldn't see it in person and I know that colors sometimes don't translate well between monitors and real life (have the beads to prove it, too), I went with black. Besides, I figured the black lenses would look off to me on a colored camera body-but that's just me.