Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2010, 03:44 AM   #31

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I looked at the white one today and I really liked it; I thought it looked different and somehow more professional looking. (Don't shoot me) I nearly bought it, BUT all my lens are black and that would look really silly. If you are starting from scratch, go for the white 'cos obviously you are quite taken with it. I assume there will be white lenses you can buy apart from the one that comes with it?

04-08-2010, 03:46 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I may be wrong but i dont think there are any white lens?
04-08-2010, 04:35 AM   #33

Black, White is too gaudy, than I don't like white body with black lens.
04-08-2010, 05:58 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Agree with alexulo. Though, i would go for navy or maroon if I had the choice.

04-08-2010, 08:10 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Well... I've owned both black and white...

As mentioned by a previous poster, the black kit with the 55-300 is great value, and that is what I bought first.

After losing the black one, I bought the white, and prefer it. It's just fun.
04-08-2010, 08:18 AM   #36

I've gotten a lot of comments on my white K-x, which I wasn't expecting. As soon as I saw that it came in white, though, there was no doubt in my mind as to which color to get. I have to admit, I'm partial to white as I'm partial to Apple.

I just like different style as far as colors go. White is the new black, for me. I feel your pain with color choosing, though, because I have the hardest time choosing what color iPod to get. But if you think you wouldn't really care either way, then I'd go with the black so you can get the 55-300mm kit.
04-08-2010, 09:17 AM   #37

Photos: Albums
I have the black one currently, and I'm probably going to sell it next month and buy the white one.
I can't resist!

04-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #38

The white body may be cooler internally than a black body when you are out in the hot sun. I don't know if this applies to your shooting situation.

Last edited by K1000_Ron; 04-08-2010 at 04:59 PM.
04-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #39
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
This thread has far too many Stormtrooper references.
just got back from Disneyland where my kids took Jedi training. it was refereed to as the a stormtroopers camera quit often. but that is cool with me cause i LOVE Star wars

people all through the park where stopping me and asking me where i got it. i spent almost a hour talking to one guy about it. it really gets attention.

oh yeah and white takes better pics

QuoteOriginally posted by trishytee Quote
I looked at the white one today and I really liked it; I thought it looked different and somehow more professional looking. (Don't shoot me) I nearly bought it, BUT all my lens are black and that would look really silly. If you are starting from scratch, go for the white 'cos obviously you are quite taken with it. I assume there will be white lenses you can buy apart from the one that comes with it?
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
I may be wrong but i dont think there are any white lens?

only the kit 18-55 is in white.
04-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #40

I'm waiting for mine to come in this week. I ordered the navy blue one because they were out of the black and I didn't want red.
04-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #41
Veteran Member

If you are going to use it in a professional capacity, go with black. If you're trying to stand out in a crowd, go with the white.
04-13-2010, 01:13 AM   #42
Inactive Account

black is boring. white oozes sex. get white.
04-13-2010, 02:17 AM   #43

Black!!!

Black is black... I want my baby black.

Why I Chose a Pentax K-x

White is cool... if only they made the K-x with replaceable body colors...
04-13-2010, 11:07 AM   #44
xjx
Forum Member

I have a white one. It actually looks very nice with black lenses, especially the primes (i.e. not too long).
04-13-2010, 10:11 PM   #45
Veteran Member

Better Red than Canon.

(a couple puns are embedded there)

But I digress. My first digicam was a blue-and-silver P&S. I thought the silver was too distracting, too conspicuous. I wanted a stealth cam. I'd read of photogs of yesteryear who blacked-over all the shiny parts of their cams. So I painted cam's front all with black lacquer, hoping to render it virtually invisible. Result: it looked like sh!t, even before the paint started flaking off. I can't remove the rest; the poor thing looks like it has a bad case of impetigo (that's a skin disease characterized by mottling, peeling, etc).

Anyway, my point is, just because a cam is black, doesn't mean it's serious. And just because it is, doesn't mean it isn't. Or something like that. I suppose if I dressed in red a lot and sunburned easily, a red cam and lenses would look just fine. Yeah, that's it -- coordinate your camera color with your clothes and especially your complexion. If you're seasick, get a green or chartreuse cam. If you have jaundice, get a yellow cam. All you albinos know what to buy.