Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2010, 02:06 AM   #1

K-x LCD backlight default off?

Hey Guys,

This may be a dumb question, but is there a way to have my K-x turn on with the LCD backlight off by default? I'd like to prolong battery life, and for some reason I'm able to do this on my girlfriend's K2000.

03-26-2010, 04:02 AM   #2
Inactive Account

try to do this:
-make sure you have selected "Shooting Info Display" on (record menu 4 - Memory 2)
-press info while in shooting mode thill the display is off

now if you power off the camera (while still having the display off) the next time you power it up the screen whould display the guide display info and then directly switch off the lcd.

You could also remove the mode info display @ start-up if you like (setting menu 1 - Guide Display 3/10/30''/off).

Remember that if you leave the display on when you power off the camera, the next time you turn it on the info display will be showened.

Hope it helps, and sorry for my bad english
03-26-2010, 04:34 AM   #3
Veteran Member

To save even more battery juice, turn everything you can off.

To turn off the back display status screen under capture mode, press the INFO button until you get a blank screen. It will stay blank until you turn the camera off or press another button.

To have the camera start up with a blank status screen, make the screen blank by pressing the INFO button until the screen is blank, then go into the Menu, page 4, and under 'Memory', go to p2 and make sure the 'Shooting Info Display' item is ticked. Then exit the Menu and restart the camera. You will then always start up to a blank status screen.

To turn off the Instant Review, goto Menu, p3 and turn off 'Instant Review'.

To turn off the top LED, go to the Custom Menu, Item 20, and set the 'Power lamp' to off.

To turn off the Mode Dial guide display as you change shooting modes, go into Menu > Settings > Guide Display, and set it to Off.

If you do this the the camera will be completely dark until you want it to show something.
03-26-2010, 10:17 AM   #4

Original Poster
great! thanks for the help guys