Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Internetpilot Quote
Beautiful! But I have to avoid threads like these in the future or I'll never be happy shooting IR with my K-X and a Hoya R72 IR filter again! I guess I need to look at it from the perspective of you have given me something to stride toward (even if it can never be achieved) with my non-converted camera.

Seriously, thanks for sharing. I love IR!
Thanks. Glad you like them I love IR too.

QuoteOriginally posted by Internetpilot Quote
Kent,

I use a R72 with my K-X. Please don't think I'm comparing this shot to anything the OP posted -- this was just a test picture that later became a Facebook "joke" when I told everyone that Florida got so cold it all turned to ice (the pic is of my back yard and was taken through a window). Anyway, it still shows what you can do with the R72.

What I do is custom set the white balance with the R72 on the lens. This will turn everything far more white/pink/orange than red. I then use a PaintShop plugin that swaps the red and blue channel. This turns the sky from an orange-ish color to blue. And then I tweak the hue, saturation, and lightness settings to taste. Sometimes I like them to turn out a little more white/blue and sometimes I like them more pink/orange.
This is a beautiful shot.

I used to have a converted K100D w/ a 720nm IR filter installed, which produced similar results like yours:

03-30-2010, 08:30 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Impressive !