Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2010, 01:39 PM   #1
Veteran Member

K7 dials question

Hi:

I have a K7 andhave had it for a few weeks (my first one was returned due to its inability to focus with any of my lenses even with the micro-adjustment AF used).

The front and rear dial for changing ISO/shutter speed and aperture seem to turn very easily, much more so than on my k20d. This may seem rather petty, but I just wanted to make sure this was normal. I ended up doing a studio shoot with my shutter speed set to a slow speed, because I did not notice I had accidentally turned the dial by handling the camera.

I am just a little gun shy since my first DA* 16-50 had to be returned due to its inability to produce evenly focused images, my second DA* 16-50 had the AF issue and was at Pentax for 7 weeks, and then my first K7 was not working properly and I had to exchange it.

All otherwise operates well on the K7 and its fun to use--just wanted to make sure all was well with the dials.

Thanx!!!!!!!!

Gregg

03-27-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My K7 dials spin much easier than my K20 dials did. I expect that's normal. They feel more solid than the K10/K20 ones did, but move easier.
03-28-2010, 12:56 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanx so much for the reply. Makes me feel better.
Gregg
03-28-2010, 06:23 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is my experience. I used my K-20D for about a year and a half before purchasing a K-7, and I notice the same thing. I am sorry you have had malfunctions with Pentax purchases. I have been lucky and never had any of those issues. I am glad to see another Pentaxian here in Augusta, Maine.

03-28-2010, 04:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanx both of you for your comments. Nice to know it is normal.

AZ Photo--are you a hobbyist, pro, the "family" photographer, etc.?

There are not many Pentax users around here!!

Gregg
03-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lawjbm Quote
There are not many Pentax users around here!!
Welcome to the club of the few.