Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2007, 01:13 AM   #1

Pentax K10D ISO setting "on the fly"

Not sure if any brothers here know this but...well..just to share..

Just discovered that you can set the ISO "on the fly"..sort of..by pressing the OK button and turning the Front e-Dial. You can set ISO in this way for all modes except Sv, TAv and USER mode. Cool

I guess this is close to a "one delicated button" for ISO setting.

07-14-2007, 04:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You can also assign an e-dial to change ISO in Tv and Av mode. This way you don't even have to press a button.
07-14-2007, 05:37 AM   #3

You can change ISO even easier by half-pressing the shutter button in AV mode and moving the front dial. You can also reset EITHER dial to change it in the custom menus.
Rob W
07-14-2007, 08:16 AM   #4

So, basically, the camera is filled with awesome.

07-14-2007, 01:28 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FireMate Quote
So, basically, the camera is filled with awesome.
yep it is
07-15-2007, 03:42 AM   #6
Veteran Member

As I am still learning the camera myself I went through all of the menus I could and found so many adjustments and cahnges that can be made ... and the assigning of multiple functions for seperate dials in different modes ... and also assign different programs for the green button too.

I nearly had brain overload .... but it's good to know that there is so much for the camera to offer the user. And for the price ... there's nothing else out there that can offer the same great value and flexibility.
07-15-2007, 06:23 AM   #7

Emphasis on "Flexibility" ... Honestly, I have a collection of close to 30 different cameras (I seem to keep collecting them when I go to yard sales or antique sales), and despite the number of Yashicas, Canons, early Pentax, and so on... None are as fun to use as the K10 for me. I've already taken across the country a few times, and today I'm heading to Victoria BC with it. Hoping the drive to Nanaimo will bring me some photographic fun!