Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax modified for astrophotograhy?

It seems that Spencer's Camera is offering a astrophotography conversion for several models of cameras including Pentax. Is anyone familiar with this conversion or have enough experience with astrophotography to comment? I had one my K10D modified for IR photography (830nm filter), so I know that Spencer's does good work. I am wondering if it is worth it. They also mention some kind of sensor cooling system that is supposed to reduce noise by cooling the sensor. I wonder if their system really makes a difference, and how they get it to fit in the camera.

For some reason I have this mental image of a couple of hoses coming out of the camera body itself and connecting it to a tank of liquid nitrogen. Maybe that would help with cooling off an AF540FGZ so it can stand multiple repeated pops...

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, conversion, dslr, pentax, photography, sensor, system