Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2010, 09:15 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Actually I wanna a camera with grip

03-30-2010, 02:12 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by grainbelt Quote
As a K200D user, I can almost justify the K7 at its current ~900USD price.

That is mostly due to the limited high-ISO performance of the K200D and my desire for more manual control.

If I had a KX, that would be a tough sell.
Also a K200D user here, I can't justify an upgrade from the current Pentax line. There just isn't that much to get with the new body. I could've got a reasonably priced K20D but didn't.

I already have everything for the camera I need. Only thing I consider at some point is a set of 2 battery powered studio strobes and maybe a high quality short telezoom.
03-30-2010, 03:14 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by opiedog Quote
you have to handle a K7 to get the real feel of what it has over the Kx
I could not agree more. The K7 feels like a really solid camera, but not overly heavy. The Kx felt quite plasticky to me, although it was a notch above the Nikon D3000 & Canon 1000D.

QuoteOriginally posted by Horst-Helmut Quote
I could've got a reasonably priced K20D but didn't
Price difference between the K20D & K7 is closing in. As a K200D user I can't see myself upgrading for a little while either. However, I will admit I was tossing up going to a 30D as they are going for 300-400 bucks.

Last edited by fractal; 03-30-2010 at 03:21 AM.
03-30-2010, 03:34 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
I think SMC is stating overall why the K-7 is worth upgrading to, not what the K-x features. The things he listed on the first section are what the K-x lacks, not features.

Jason
Thanks Jason...I wasn't clear but yes, I was listing the features that the K7 has that the KX does not have.

QuoteOriginally posted by henryjing Quote
Can my K-x get a grip?
No Pentax does not offer a grip for the KX. Perhaps there is something "aftermarket" but there are no contacts on the bottom of the KX so if you did find something somewhere, it would just be plastic with no controls and would not be able to accommodate additional batteries.

03-30-2010, 08:29 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
At current prices, the K-7 is a great deal, although it is still more expensive than the K-x. I just upgraded from a K10D to a K-7, because I wanted the better AF, metering, weather-sealing and construction relative to the K-x. When the K-8 comes along, I will not hesitate to sell the K-7 for a reasonable price, that is if the K-8 has a significantly better sensor. If not, I will hold on the K-7, which I bought relatively cheaply. There is no way that purchasing a K-7 now will end up costing you much, whether you keep it or upgrade within a year.

Rob
03-30-2010, 02:28 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I will keep the K-x at the right moment, I maybe leave it to my father or as a backup. The weight of the K-x is really impressive for a trip.
03-31-2010, 06:08 PM   #22
pdo

I tried stay behind one generation when it comes to camera bodies. When the K-8 come out everyone will be dumping their perfectly good K-7. I'll grab ones for dirt cheap. Come on Pentax. Release that K-8 already. LoL

04-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #23

i will just waiting for the full frame, wish it could improve focus speed and better iso quality
04-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I'm afraid you're going to have to wait a lot longer for full frame, so why not just buy a K-7 now and see if you're swayed enough to like it? Pentax really hasn't shown any desire to release a full frame camera, and that is further supported by the lack of advertising with the 645D (a medium format camera). So unless you want to go to Sony, Canon, or Nikon, and you really like Pentax, get the K-7. I don't think you'll really regret it.
04-07-2010, 10:40 PM   #25
Inactive Account

I think the best time to buy is now. Why wait until what 'might be' when you can start taking amazing photos now with the K7.

I have the K-x and do I want the K-7, yes, do I need the K-7, no. I think lenses are a better investment. You have the K-x which is a really fine piece of hardware. personally, I'll save up and get the body after the K-8 (or whatever they'll call it).
04-08-2010, 10:54 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pdo Quote
I tried stay behind one generation when it comes to camera bodies. When the K-8 come out everyone will be dumping their perfectly good K-7. I'll grab ones for dirt cheap. Come on Pentax. Release that K-8 already. LoL
Haha tell me about it! I'm using a K100D Super with a 6.1 mp sensor and it's an awesome camera! I shoot it in RAW and the images are just stunning. I'll wait until the K-8 to come out and then I'll pick up a K-7 or a K20D especially if it a good deal :-D
04-08-2010, 11:10 AM   #27

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Of course, if you have money to burn, and you want to make Pentoya shareholders happy, buy a K7. AND a K7s. AND a K8. And don't forget to collect the entire set of DA* lenses. Be the first on your block.
Your ideas intrigue me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter...
04-08-2010, 11:19 AM   #28

Incidentally, if it helps, you can now purchase a K-7 for 800 to 900 USD and sell it for nearly 600 used. 200 bucks isn't bad for a years rent of a camera, particularly if you sell the K-x for $250 to help defray some costs...

Digital cameras hold their value pretty well. I'm halfway tempted to sell my K20D and use the money to buy my girlfriend a K-x. I'm not sure I personally need something as nice as the K20D as a backup camera.
04-08-2010, 11:22 AM   #29
Veteran Member

If I'd get a K-7 right now it'll be for the Pentaprism and WR, and I don't think any of these will improve in the next model, and even if it does it's still a big step up that won't cost 1400 $ like the new model will
04-08-2010, 11:39 AM   #30

Wait

I have a k10, and I must say I am very tempted to buy a K7, but if I had a K20, I would definitely wait, and since you have a camera with an excellent sensor I think you should.

Whether or not you you would want a full-frame, that is another story. First, what lenses do you have? If you have bought anything lately, it most likely is APS - sized, so you would also have to buy new lenses.

If you got money to spend, I would look at what you shoot, and what lenses you would want to see. For me, I am sticking with the K10 and buying lenses. Recently, I have been focusing on the old A-Star manual lenses, drooling over the 85mm.